Leaving next week for Playa Del Carmen and have question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LnghrnDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My fiance and I are leaving next week for Playa Del Carmen and want to dive PDC and Coz. We'll be getting married there that weekend and have plans of doing different activities, diving being one of big ones (aside from the wedding of course). My question is: Is it common to pay/reserve with a dive op before arriving there? If I wait until I get there would that be too late? I've never been there before and really don't know much about the different dive places. I have been reading through many posts and getting great ideas, but haven't seen alot of specifics on Playa Del Carmen. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

dirk at dive-mex is aplace that will cater to both locations. You can also just show up and there are morn & afternoon dives so where ever you are there is a shop close to your hotel. Ta rent is $30.00 for all gear for dives. try the cenotes in playa easy fres water diving.

Happy Diving

Have you decided where you'll be staying?

I would contact Aldora Divers on Coz. You two can take the ferry over, get picked up by them at the pier, and have some of the best diving you'll encounter down there. Enjoy! A great day trip while in Playa is to rent a car and drive down to Tulum. Well worth the trip. While there, drive south of the ruins and pull into the Maya Tulum Spa and walk around. One of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen. Congratulations on getting married!

We'll be staying at Iberostar Paraiso Beach.

I would contact Aldora Divers on Coz. You two can take the ferry over, get picked up by them at the pier, and have some of the best diving you'll encounter down there. Enjoy! A great day trip while in Playa is to rent a car and drive down to Tulum. Well worth the trip. While there, drive south of the ruins and pull into the Maya Tulum Spa and walk around. One of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen. Congratulations on getting married!

Thanks for the good info and the congrats. I will look into Aldora Divers, do they require reservations?

Thanks for the good info and the congrats. I will look into Aldora Divers, do they require reservations?

I went to their website and found the answer to this. Aldora sounds like they offer more bottom time than most. Thanks again.

LnghrnDiver: My question is: Is it common to pay/reserve with a dive op before arriving there? If I wait until I get there would that be too late?

For the downtown PDC shops, reservations for the first dive would be better and at least a day notice for the following dives. I am sure they'll take walk-ups if there's room and not causing delays, but, your best bet would be to give more than an hour notice. I believe I saw a sign requesting a days notice.
Keep in mind they have to plan ahead w/DMs, boats, air, etc. Some boats are loaded elsewhere before picking you up.
If your at a resort chances are there's a dive shop on board and all I've said above may not apply if you plan to them.

Back
Top Bottom