Leaving CUN at 1am - what's the plan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tunaman68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Seeing as our trip is just a couple of weeks away and it's our first bag drag experience, I thought I'd see what the experts suggest!

I think I've got incoming covered with the step by step sticky here on the site. We want to get to the BA ASAP, so we're not going to do anything except bus, ferry, cab on the way in.

For the return trip, we don't leave from CUN back to LAX until 1am, and was wondering the best way to kill the time without cutting any of our transportation options too close.

We've done the crossing to Playa before as a day trip to the cenotes, but we've never spent time in Playa, or been to the CUN airport.

Suggestions????

Thanks!!

I would cross over to Playa, walk around town and have lunch. Then take the 20:00 bus from Playa straight to Cancun Airport. Have dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp? Or maybe get in earlier, check in, leave your luggage, go to Cancun?

I didn't check this trip, but in December Bubba Gump had killed their free wi-fi because the airport wants only the paid wi-fi running.

If it were me, I would head over on the last ferry at 9pm, then just head straight to the airport. That having been said, you might want to go earlier. You could have dinner in Playa then head up. I like Tierra Madre on 5th ave for a good meal, and of course Club De La Cervezas on 5th and 38 for beers. I am not a huge fan of Cancun, but they have a very nice restaurant out on the hotel zone called Puerto Madera that is great. Also very expensive. Kari and I usually share a steak dinner, and it is more than enough for us both. Sorry I will miss you this time, have fun.

---------- Post added March 10th, 2014 at 08:42 AM ----------

I didn't check this trip, but in December Bubba Gump had killed their free wi-fi because the airport wants only the paid wi-fi running.

You are right, there is no free wifi anymore.

You could go to the mainland early. Drop off your bags in the ADO station luggage area. Walk around. Have dinner at Playa Maya on the beach or similar. Make sure that you get your bus tickets early just in case they sell out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom