Leash for wet lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

norinori

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've read a couple posts about the importance of leashing your wet lenses -- but I can't seem to find any place that sells them ? What are the solutions you guys use for this ?

I have a double lens caddy but would like additional protection in case I drop it when switching lenses...

With my old Sea & Sea, I used two loops of fishing line leader. When I was u/w, I'd just let in hang until I needed it. Didn't have to remove it from the leader. I didn't like the lens caddy because it made it impossible to un-extend the strobe arm for macro.

Thin nylon "parachute" cord and a hole/mount makes a great leash.
Square knots in parachute cord will come loose after ~3 days of diving if not checked or re-tied (or a real knot is used).
Melting BOTH knots will keep you from losing your lens.
If you find a SubSee +10 with a cool DIY mount and 1 melted knot on it's leash, while diving in Komodo- IT'S MINE.

Using a leash is a guarantee of scratching the lens. I have one on the filter and it is scratched. It does fill up with water and doesn't show but wouldn't do it with a heavier lens
Lens stay on holders and unless you have a screw mount they don't get off your hand

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom