Learning Tech Diving in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whooyeah

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Around march next year I'm thinking to start tech diving courses somewhere in Thailand. Does anyone have some recommendations of good areas to do it?

I did intro to tech in Chalong phuket and Divemaster in pattaya so I'm thinking maybe Koh Tao to see somewhere different but I'm not sure how that rates as a Tech diving destination.

There are several DC in Koh Tao doing tec and as I don't know them personally, I will not getting smart on who to choose. If going to Phuket again, I would consider Blue Label in Rawai, but there are others tec centers around. You're asking about location and I would put Koh Lanta to your list. Your tec diving will be done at Hin Daeng, Hin Muang and Koh Haa Yai - All some of the best dive sites in Thailand with depths to 70 meters. I'm a bit biased but try out Kon-Tiki Lanta Diving & Snorkeling Center located in Saladan.

Good luck!

If you are going to take up tech diving, do it with an instructor that does the dives (outside of class) and that really has some experience to teach you well. I cannot recommend Matthew Partridge enough. CCR IT, Cave IT, Tech IT, a guy that travels around the world doing tech. And a really nice guy also. Tough, but not insane, knowledgeable, and with a fantastic setup to boot. He is located in Chalong, almost next to the pier where the boats leave.

Technical Diver Training Rebreather Cave and Wreck

Blue label seems to be a good outfit. Have a friend I dive with who was trained there, and his diving skills are good.
The instructors' demos look good too.

It might be helpful to describe what you have in mind. If your goal is deep tri-mix, cave,adv wreck etc and what you want to work towards. If you want to just get through the adv tri-mix set of courses to improve your diving there are a number of good instructors. If you want to get full cave certified Ben Reymenants at Blue Label seems to spend almost half a year doing nothing but full cave certs every year. I did my adv wreck work with him and was happy with the course (also did mod 1-3 CCR with him as well as adv tr-mix). Matt Partridge is well regarded the community as well. Matt and Ben are not far from each other, maybe it would be useful to stop by and have a chat with them both about your background and what your goals are and see how you get on. Teaching style and personality make a difference in how you feel during the courses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom