Learning Reg servicing....Conshelf VI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donsauman:
I have just joined this thread and am impressed.
I will be putting HTML and PDF downloadable versions of a ca1972 Aqualung service manual on my website for historical research purposes only. This covers from Mistral and Aquamaster twin hose regs through to the Deepstar II.
I am still using the Calypso J first stage that bought new in 1973. This is like the Calypso III but with a built J valve for a 500 psi reserve.
I have found nothing to match this unit. It is stamped 3500psi service and so is one of the last of these.
I want use this with Nitrox. Can anyone tell me if I will need to replace parts in this or the Calypso second stage.
Don

Don, you mentioned your website, can I have your URL?

Bob Kusler

"Semper ubi, Sub ubi" -my mom

As simple as it is, the conshelf is a good reg to practice on, just watch your eye when you take it apart !

The only issue with some of the older Calypso first stages is that they can have an inadequate number of LP ports for some applications.

The differences in second stages is minor and basically, the older unbalanced metal cased US Divers second stages use the same seat as the newer plastic cased unbalanced variety and the parts kits are generally similar with the the exception of an o-ring here and there and the use one of two sizes of exhaust valve.

DA Aquamaster:
The differences in second stages is minor and basically, the older unbalanced metal cased US Divers second stages use the same seat as the newer plastic cased unbalanced variety and the parts kits are generally similar with the the exception of an o-ring here and there and the use one of two sizes of exhaust valve.

depending on your location and the frequency and inter-service care of the reg, you may find that taking apart the entire poppet assembly in the second stage doesn't get anything any cleaner.... sometimes I leave it together unless there is some corrosion.

ew1usnr:
That is what is good about US Divers. You can have 30-year Conshelf overhauled with no problem. They use the same parts kit as a new Titan. Conshelfs are nice regulators and are uncomplicated, dependable, and smooth breathing. I have a Conshelf-21 that I bought new 18 years ago and have never had a problem with it. My Conshelf-12 as is prettier, though, with its chrome-plated 2nd stage.

Interesitng, I didn't realize that the newer USDs like the Titan use the same parts as the old Conshelfs. What about the Legend LX does that also share the same parts? BTW, I'm still using a Conshelf SE2 and my wife has CS-21. Both are 15 years +. We've been diving them mostly Nitrox for the past several years no problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom