Leaky octopus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stevej98

New
Reaction score
Hi, I recently bought Scubapro regs and right from the get go the octopus has had a small, continuous leek. I've checked the diaphragm and it seems fine. What else can I do to sort this problem?

Hi, I recently bought Scubapro regs and right from the get go the octopus has had a small, continuous leek. I've checked the diaphragm and it seems fine. What else can I do to sort this problem?

Did you buy it from a local shop or online? If from a local shop, take it back and have them look at it.

i assume you mean leaking air out, not leaking water in. either way it needs to be serviced. and the issue could be too high pressure in the first stage.

Reactions: Zef
Without seeing it in person it's hard to say exactly what's causing it.
Usual suspects are the orifice adjustment followed by the LP seat nearing the end of it's service life or a combination of the two.
1st stage IP may be high and that can be determined by using a $20 IP gauge which every reg owner should have and know how to use.
If these are new and you got them from a shop, take them back and tell them to set them up properly. And let you watch them do it. If they say insurance regs won't let you watch or some other nonsense, take them to another shop and tell the 1st one, "thanks for nothing."

Ruling out the obvious( nut(s) not tight, hose leak, venturi, if equipped not set correctly for you) it would help to know the model number) of the reg and where you think or see the leak occurring. I'd suggest having the IP/cracking working pressure checked. As noted in another post, it's an easy diagnoses and fix by any reputable Scubapro tech.

Back
Top Bottom