leaky boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hey all... i just bought a (used) DUI TLS350, and have two dives on it.

i had some leaking, and the neck seal became the likely culprit. however, i felt
that since i was much more wet on my bottom than on my top, maybe the leak
was coming from the bottom.

sure enough, i found several leaks on my boots. all the leaks are on the same
place: about half an inch up from the bottom of the boot, where the "sole" portion
is glued to the boot itself.

i was thinking of aquasealing the leaks, as they are all on the small side. however,
i wondered if it would make sense to just have the boots replaced.

so... i guess my questions are:

1. will aquasealing the edge of the "flap" work?

2. how much am i looking at to replace the boots?

3. how long would that take?

thanks all in advance

Ah, yes... used dry suits. I've had two of them and my DUI has more Aquaseal than neoprene. The boots leaked at the flaps and yes, Aquaseal did work.
However, if it was me, I'd replace the boots with socks and use rock-boots or neoprene booties. But that's just me.

Rick Inman:
However, if it was me, I'd replace the boots with socks and use rock-boots or neoprene booties. But that's just me.

Where chould I send a dry suit to have the boots removed, the legs of the suit cut down by about 4-5 inches, and a sock and rock-boot system installed? I have a new Mobby's Twin Shell Pro that fits me great in the arms and torso, however the legs are too long the the boots feel like my feet are swimming inside. The outer shell I can find anyone with a sewing machine to alter, but I want a real proffesional job done on the dry suit, and the sock and rock-boot system really appeals to me.

FYI; the inner dry suit is basically a Tri-lam.

I just listed some repair shops in another thread:

http://www.scubaboard.com/t92761-.html

It looks like it can be done for just under $100 plus shipping depending on the material of the suit. Most of them claim quick turn around time. Probably about a week, week and a half with shipping.

Determine the length you want the legs cut when you are wearing full cold water undergarments. I thought my drysuit was too long and baggy when I tried it on in the shop on to see it fit like a tight glove underwater with full garmets on.

Ide slather the boots with shoe goo, hey its worth a try and is cheap option. I also wonder if tool did woud work that stuff is tough.

...das question:

what's the best way to turn drysuit boots inside out?

-------------------------------------------------

and thank you all for the info so far... very good stuff

Dive-aholic:
I just listed some repair shops in another thread:

http://www.scubaboard.com/t92761-.html

It looks like it can be done for just under $100 plus shipping depending on the material of the suit. Most of them claim quick turn around time. Probably about a week, week and a half with shipping.

I checked out those sites, thank you. If I send in my suit I will let you know what happened and how it went.

ScubaSarus; good advice, thank you, I was going to be very careful with that measurement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom