League City diver found dead in marina water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
(League City is near Galveston TX)

The Police News
LEAGUE CITY - Police say a diver found dead in a marina Wednesday night may have drowned while cleaning a boat underwater.

Police and EMS responded to the call about 7:25 p.m. about a body in the water in the 800 block of Mariners Drive.

It appeared the man drowned, but a final ruling will be made by the Galveston County Medical Examiner's Office.

Police Chief Mike Jez said the victim had been under water cleaning the boat when his air supply failed. His identity was not released.

<<-- holding breath, I hope I do not know this person. Not good.

I did not, seems a hookah system was being used and it failed. would not think that would be the only cause. will wait for some real facts.

How the hell do you drown when you are only a couple feet below the surface. Must have been another cause.

I know a guy who almost drown in 3 feet of water wearing doubles. He fell down with full doubles and nearly could not get up or reach a regulator.

Diver found dead in water identified
LEAGUE CITY &#8212; Officials revealed Thursday the name of a contract diver who drowned while cleaning the hull of a boat and was found floating in the water.

Jonas Al-Trabulsi, 26, of Kemah, was pulled from the water near Waterford Harbor Marina in the 800 block of Mariners Drive after police were called at 7:25 p.m. Wednesday to investigate.

An autopsy performed Thursday listed Al-Trabulsi&#8217;s cause of death as a drowning, John Florence, a spokesman for the Galveston County Medical Examiner&#8217;s Office, said.

Al-Trabulsi was a contract hull cleaner and was cleaning a boat in the marina, League City police Sgt. David Hausam said.

&#8220;The compressor he was using to get air was laying on its side when police arrived,&#8221; Hausam said. &#8220;But it is unknown if that contributed at this time, because there was some pressure left.&#8221;

My son lives in this same marina complex. I will ask him soon what he has heard. The water depth is only 9 or so at ml tide.'. Vis. averages hand length. Will post update if I hear something definitive.

Back
Top Bottom