LDS Vs. Leisurepro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMO if it's life supporting....no way eBay. I bought my wifes warm water O'Neil microflece suit on ebay and she loves it. It was new and was a LDS closeout. Came with tags attached and all. There is alot of new stuff for sale it's just that you get NO warranty. Now those of you who consider LP to have NO Warranty because they are not authorized dealers will say there is no difference but I'm not going there.

I've bought a number of small things on ebay and might even consider inexpensive regs or bc's for someone who was just beginning but I would plan on having it completely overhauled by qualified tech and you would have to figure that in the net cost of the gear......your going to almost always end up where you could have bought a new rig from LP.

I have bought a lot off Ebay. In fact I have just bought 2 Dacor Viper Metal regs off there,last one was with an Aladin Air computer and octopus for $300, and I sold the Aladin Air for $225. The reg itself was brand new with stickers still attached to the hoses etc.

You get what you pay for. I am a qualified to service regs, so I just overhauled them and they are as good as new. I WOULD IN NO WAY BUY A REGULATOR OFF EBAY AND DIVE ON IT WITHOUT OVERHAULING. It is all personal choice, but I always recommend the LDS as it is all about building a relationship.

I have purchased several items from leisure pro as the pricing was just too good to pass up. There are some items I just won't buy on line. I could have saved $125.00 if I would have purchased my Apeks ATX200 on line. In this case, I felt it was worth paying more to buy from my LDS. I try to support my LDS as often as possible, most of my big ticket items were purchased at my LDS.

I try to give my shop alot of my buisness. But if they do not carry the brand or what I want I go online. Other shops in my area I just do not like them for one reason or the other. So even if these other shops carry what I want I will not buy from them. But on some big ticket items I have to do some sole searching sometimes and it can go either way.

I buy most of my equipment from LP. The local manufacturers' dealers in Israel never gave me any problem servicing any of the equipment I bought from LP.

Ari

I have purchased products from LP and from diveinn.. Never had a problem with eirther.

My last purchases we two Apeks dst 1st stages from diveinn.. The price I paid including shipping and duty was less than US dealer cost.. I service my own regs (and parts are readily available for APEKS regs) so its no big deal.. But APEKS will warranty any reg regardless if it was purchased through an authorized dealer or not.. the catch is in the US the US distributor will not warranty it so you will have to send it back to APEKS.

Everyone talking about the lifetime warranty on parts for the scubapro regs forgets to mention a few things.. if you miss a service period parts aren't automatically covered.. Read the warranty you must do annual service.. Many scubapro dealers charge as much to service a scubapro reg (with no parts charges) as most non dealers do including minor parts charges..

I will never buy an authorized SP reg again... one of my backup regs needed service (creeping IP (usually a bad HP seat)) , it had only seen two dives in 1.5 years, turns out there was a defective part which they refused to cover under warranty because it was over 1 year between service, It could have been the LDS but thats it for authorized SP products..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom