LDS stocking Waterproof drysuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEW

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Getting a new dry suit and interested in checking out Waterproof's Draco neoprene dry suit as I am very happy with the quality of their wetsuits.

Does anyone know if there are any dive shops in the NorCal area that stock their dry suits? I have only found one place in California so far and that is Xtreme Scuba down in Ventura.

Never heard of it and have not seen it in any of the local stores. I know many stores are now carrying the Whites Fusion that is very popular at an affordable price. Fusion Review Bamboo Reef should have them available. If you want to find a local retailer for the brand you mentioned contact the manufacturer and ask them who sells them local.

yeah, have seen the whites fusion and my concern with that suit is the durability of the "skin".

I know a military diver who wears a White's Fusion. he had the same doubts, and is now satisfied as to the durability. The number he gave was 400+ dives with no problems other than a slight valve malfunction due to grit. pretty impressive for any drysuit.

-Nomad

I have a Fusion and love it! The standard skin is very durable and the tech skin is even more so. It's also extremely comfortable and easy to dive.

We have sold over 130 fusions, and not one person has ripped, torn, or had any issues with them. Some of the people that bought them are really hard on equipment, myself included. There are alot of reasons why its harder to rip than a standard drysuit.
- Fits closer to the body, no folds sticking out to get snagged
- Very flexible, if you snag something, there is enough give for it to roll off, your standard drysuit, when snagged, will just rip as there is typically no give.
- With the above, if you do snag, most times it will probably just grab the outer skin(lycra or neo) and slid off the inner suit, snaggin your outer skin (sew it up or put a patch this doesnt keep you dry...or buy another)
- If you get a few hundred dives like others have, you have a killer drysuit that can take a beating, if after 1000 or more, it starts to wear out, normally you have to buy a new drysuit$1000+ again, with the Fusion, you can re-buy the inner bladder, use your old valves and your back in action again for a fraction of the price
- do you drag your regs in the dirt or sand? Probably not, so I don't forsee you doing that with a suit, so the only issue is in the water....this thing fits so close its like wearing a 1mm wetsuit.....have you ever heard of alot of people snaggin 1mm suits? Nope, they fit so close you can get thru passages with less worry of snags

Hope some of that helps, feel free to call me, we open at 11am, if you have more questions or need some help picking out a suit for your needs :wink: we sell more suits in a year, than most have ever, or will ever sell....we have the experience to help you get a great suit and knowledge to help you after the sale too! We dont just sell them, we know everything about them and how they are in the water, we dive them all too :D

Neo suits are heavy, need more lead, but do keep you warmer or wearing less of an undergarment. I personally am about lightweight and flexibility...Undergarments are meant to keep you warm

Getting a new dry suit and interested in checking out Waterproof's Draco neoprene dry suit as I am very happy with the quality of their wetsuits.

Does anyone know if there are any dive shops in the NorCal area that stock their dry suits? I have only found one place in California so far and that is Xtreme Scuba down in Ventura.

I think you may start to see more of the Waterproof suits around soon. Waterproof did not have a very robust distribution network, but they have recently signed an agreement with TUSA for exclusive distribution of the suits in North America. I expect you will soon start to see these suits in all TUSA dealers.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

Blue Water Aquatics/Scuba in Mountain View has a couple. I was in the shop a few months ago and saw what I believe was the Taurus model. The neoprene is not a stretchy as a Henderson Hyperstretch felt pretty dense. Overall, it looked like a very good semi-dry suit that should keep you very warm, provided the seals system work.

CHL

Michelle,

I did some reading about the Fusion and it seems to be an amazing suit; almost too good to be true. What is your experience after diving the suit and how does the skin handle the Monastery crawl/similar beatings?

How does the pockets on the tech skin work out? Are they sagging and drag the loose outer skin down or do they work out underwater?

Cheers

-Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom