LDS in DFW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which area of Ft. Worth do you call home?

On the West side you have Lone Star Scuba which has a sister shop in Dallas. This is one of my preferred shops and more or less the one I call my LDS. You also have Scuba Sphere and Diver's School (can't remember the exact name and too lazy to look it up right now even though I'm obviously already on the computer...lol) on the West/SW side. I haven't been to Scuba Sphere in over 10 years, so I really can't comment on them.

East side - We-B-Divin. Friendly staff, on site pool. Really in the HEB area, not Ft. Worth proper.

DFW Scuba shop is in Haltom city. I haven't been there.

Moving out of Ft. Worth and more toward Dallas/Carrollton. You have two of my other favorite shops: Scuba Toys and International Scuba, both with on site pools. Scuba Toys, as many here noted = Wal-Mart for Scuba divers. It's just fun to go in there and shop because of their large selection and I've always had great customer service from them.

International Scuba, just a good group of folk.

There are quite a few more in Dallas and Arlington, but I'll stop where I am so as to avoid writing a book on the topic.

I guess more than anything it all depends on brands you are looking for and various services. Some are more tech oriented than others, etc, etc.

Save dives,

Cyp

I second International Scuba, great people!

We've used Arlington Scuba to maintain our gear for the past seven or eight years (since there aren't any dive shops between Austin and DFW). Always appreciated the professional approach and friendly service.

IBJ40,

I'm pretty sure there is/was a dive shop in Temple. I thought they had a small dive structure/park at one of the local lakes there too?

Just posting a link to a shop in Temple. I know nothing about them.

Blue Dolphin

And, Tejas, I believe you are referring to Stillhouse Hollow? They have an on-site dive shop next to the marina:

Scuba Divers Paradise

Again, I know nothing about them or this lake, but it is on my list to dive if I can find a buddy that want's to join me. On their website they are claiming 8-15' vis and water temp of 54. SB member "Oldschool" lives in the area and dives this lake. I haven't pestered him about maybe guiding a few dives yet. :)

Cyp I'd be up for diving Stillhouse Hollow but I'll have to get a drysuit in first before I dive low 50's haha.

IBJ40,

I'm pretty sure there is/was a dive shop in Temple. I thought they had a small dive structure/park at one of the local lakes there too?

I know there used to be one right on I-35, but they closed and I wasn't sure where they moved to (or if they simply closed for good). We had our regs done there once.

There was one in Waco for a while, but local word is that the new(er) owner had some issues, and it closed. When I moved to Hillsboro several years ago, there was actually one here, but after they screwed both my and my wife's reg's, I quit going there, and then they closed (which wasn't a real surprise).

Our orientation is more DFW now, so Arlington Scuba is a great choice.

:cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom