LDS Experience with ScubaPro Everdry Purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in too deep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
i purchased an everdry4 from the lds, i tried 2 different sizes on in the store to which they suggested a size that fit properly.
after one dive, the wrist and neck seals are too big which caused leaks when i clenched my hands and turned my head.
also the suit is about 2 to 3 inches too long.
after contacting them they left me out to dry.....i wasn't asking for a refund, i suggested upgrading to a different brand that offered a custom fit, no chance. i then asked for suit alterations to their replay they don't do repairs and i could take the suit to someone who does....
i've contacted the Canadian distributor and am waiting for a return email or phone call.
Scubapro can/will you help?

the canadian distributor was no help, their reply is it's a stock suit and i'm responsible for fit and any needed alterations

buyer beware!

If the LDS staff prompted you to buy a suit in the wrong size, then they should help you out, if at least to switch it for the proper size. If the suit is the right size but just isn't a good fit for you then it would probably be good customer service for them to switch it for something else, but if they won't, aftermarket alterations are probably the only way to go. Unless you can prove the suit is in someway defective, there's probably nothing scubapro can do for you either. Good luck.

i shipped my suit out for alterations, the tech is suggesting a si-techs necktite, and a pair of viking dry gloves, as well as to chop 3 inches of the legs.
it's really too bad that a brand new suit needs this much money spent on it
i wish i had more experience to know that a different manufacturers custom suit would have offered a waaaay better fit, live and learn.
stay away from sharkey's dive shop.
and scubapro thanks for nothing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom