LCD flicker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kancho

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought an Oceanic Atom 2.0. I put this on another post but no replies. I was wondering if anyone had the same problem. Everytime the second time reaches 58 to 59 seconds the LCD in 3 places would flicker. You can't see it directly but if you angle the watch it does. It is occasionally it is every 58 to 59 seconds.

Another issue is when i set everything to BAR. It won't pick up the transmitter. If I leave it at PSI it works. Is it supposed to do that?

I contacted Oceanic and they told me to send it in. I was wondering if anyone knows of a quick fix instead of paying for shipping.

My Atom doesn't flicker like you're describing. I don't know what would cause that.

I've never set mine to BAR, but I'm sure there are plenty of non-US folks on here who have and can give you some feedback.

What firmware are you using? It's a longshot, but maybe upgrading to a newer firmware will overwrite the code causing your issues.............

Your best bet is just to send it back to Oceanic and let them replace it.

Kancho, mine does that too. Seeing it does it regularly I assumed it was normal... like reading atmospheric pressure or something.

Oceanic World Wide told me to send it in i don't think it is normal. It might be some glitch when the firmware was installed. Hopefully they get it out to me soon. The atom was so convenient.

Oceanic sent back a brand spanking new computer (SN 6000+, r3F). I still see the tiny flicker in the LCD when it hits 58 seconds. I really don't think this a problem. It is barely noticeable and I am sure it just means that it is "doing something". Anyways, I get to dive with my new computer tomorrow!!!!!! So I will let you know how it goes :)

Really.. I get mine on Wednesday. I will see if it happens. I am surprised many people haven't said anything.. Maybe the earlier firmware didn't have the problem. I will dive this weekend hopefully and I will see.

I got it but they must of sent me a lemon. I dove with it yesterday and the air time remaining kept on goin up(80 tank and it said I had 1 hour and 40 min remaining). THe depth and air time was not readable sometimes it was doing all sorts of funny things for example a line missing on 19 feet etc.. I dove 4 times yesterday it only worked on the last dive. Is it the firmaware problems. I am thinking i should of bought a suunto..

anyone else having these many problems?

Yes. I bought an ATOM 2.0 in March 2009.
I can confirm I also see some of the LCD segments flicker every time the seconds tick over to 58/59 secs.
Can only been seen when looking at the watch at an acute angle.
Doesn't seem to have caused a problem in any way.

The only thing is, I cannot hear the audible alarms while diving with a hood on.
Havent tried without a hood yet.
The daily alarm can be heard fine.
However I could always hear my Aladin Prime quite easily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom