LBTS Lodging help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are flying into and out of Lauderdale. Looking for an inexpensvie place to stay while there for a few days. Ideal location is that I spit, and hit Marvels door! :D We are not too picky about accomodations, clean and well kept is a minimal requirement.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

RonFrank:
We are flying into and out of Lauderdale. Looking for an inexpensvie place to stay while there for a few days. Ideal location is that I spit, and hit Marvels door! :D We are not too picky about accomodations, clean and well kept is a minimal requirement.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

How about CASA Howard? They are leaving in a few days though. Too bad that couldn't work. They've been very gracious to MOFer's and Conchs alike.

Casa Howard will be occupied for the invasion... But there are several mom & pop hotels in LBTS, as well as a holiday inn on El Mar (1/2 block from chez Marvel), and there's a Ramada on the beach (shore dive from there even) three buildings over from ours. There are also a few dive shops in the neighborhood that rent tanks and dive flags.

We arrive in Lauderdale on 6/28, likely stay 2 days max. We leave 7/25 one night on 7/24. We MAY stay in Lauderdale 7/12~7/13, but not sure. I'm not looking for a handout, just recommendations! However handouts are welcome!

To be honest, I'm more interested in shore diving on the evening of 6/28, and on 7/24 than I am on saving money on hotels.. I can pay for a reasonable hotel, but good dive buddies are priceless....

Well, the question really is... do you want beachside & more expensive (more amenities, too) or cheaper accomodations just across the street from my house? The beach has pool, bbq & of, course, gearing up & walking in the water. Across the street is far more reasonable, though.

Marvel:
Well, the question really is... do you want beachside & more expensive (more amenities, too) or cheaper accomodations just across the street from my house? The beach has pool, bbq & of, course, gearing up & walking in the water. Across the street is far more reasonable, though.

We are in FL (well SC part of the trip) for about a month, so $$$ is priority to amenities!

Marvel, what's the name of the hotel across the street? I can walk a block to get the to beach! Heck we are flying 1500 miles, what's another block! Lynell (wife) had the names of a bunch of places in a folder on our now dead harddrive... :jpshakehe

RonFrank:
We are in FL (well SC part of the trip) for about a month, so $$$ is priority to amenities!

Marvel, what's the name of the hotel across the street? I can walk a block to get the to beach! Heck we are flying 1500 miles, what's another block! Lynell (wife) had the names of a bunch of places in a folder on our now dead harddrive... :jpshakehe
Ron - Here's a
Link

for a listing of hotels when i put my address in. If it's on Galt Ocean Dr, or El Mar... it's probably ON THE WATER, or easy walk IN SCUBA GEAR to the ocean. It IS off season, so the chances are good.

Also... I can tell you that the first page of search results is have reef in front of their beach, so wherever you dive from around here is going to be good :wink:

howarde:
Ron - Here's a
Link

for a listing of hotels when i put my address in. If it's on Galt Ocean Dr, or El Mar... it's probably ON THE WATER, or easy walk IN SCUBA GEAR to the ocean. It IS off season, so the chances are good.

Also... I can tell you that the first page of search results is have reef in front of their beach, so wherever you dive from around here is going to be good :wink:

Thanks for the link and all your Help Howarde, and all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom