Layering order???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carldarl

Contributor
Reaction score
When layering which suit is best over/under the other. I have a 2.. shorty and a 3/2 full suit I plan to layer this summer. I am in hopes this will do until I quit losing weight and buy a long-term solution.

So the question ie: Which would be best, the shorty over or under the full 3/2?

Thanks inadvance...

Carl

I disagree. The shorty on the outside will exchage cold water between the suits. Wear it inside.

If the shorty is on the inside it will have very limited infiltration since the full suit will conceal the leg and arm openings. Worn this way the shorty will provide more core protection.

If the full suit is a skin in product like a gold core or SGS (not likely in 3mm) then the skin item certainly goes against the skin.

Another overriding factor would be the fits of the suits worn respectively, Not too tight and not loose.

Pete

I agree with Spectrum, you want good core insulation, and with the full suit covering and sealing off the water flushing you will be much more warm. As for getting to hot? and taking off the shorty.... come on if heat were the real issue we wouldn't be discussing layering. And I doubt you'd be taking off the shorty in the water anyway right?

Thanks for the replies. Looks like the shorty on the inside makes the most warmth sense. I'll check it out soon (hopefully) and let you know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom