LAX Layover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just came from there and Encounters had scaffolding all around it.

I tell you what, LAX is not so great in the food department.

We could not find a real restaurant, what is up with that? Torture chairs only, guess they don't want you sitting tooooo long. I'd take a down sleeping bag and find an empty gate. OH, don't forget your noise canceling headset, saved my life this trip. Had the screamin baby senario, did not even phase me.

kelpermaid, you had some good ideas. I went to Traders Joe's and stocked up. JB groaning about all the bags I brought back. I have to change all the light bulbs in the hotel rooms these days, (those flourescents just make me nuts) and I think packing all the light bulbs and getting pulled at security pushed him over the edge. I think we need to go through security seperately, from now on. For one thing, he acts too apologetic which just gets me more heat. And he is really into speeding through there. definetly not on aloha time.

And when I suggested going to Encounters he was not amused about going through security. what is the big deal? I think it is fun, I waited for him at LAX in the security line while he ran the rental car back and texted all my friends. That would not fly a few months ago. Security is such a dynamic process, always different, every time.

At least we have Spooner's at Honolulu. YAY.....let's here it for Honolulu International! Gotta love all those amnesty bins, we have more than anyone. One LAST chance to ditch your heroin or your iguana! before the 10k fine and the cavity search! every twenty feet there is another big bin. I would love to see what people chuck in there.

Six hours and no food, kinda dismal.

If you happen to have an American Express Platinum Card, either business or personal, you may use it to enter several lounges, as long as you are traveling on their carrier. For example, if you are flying American Airlines and are an American Express Platinum Card holder, you may use the Admiral's Club ( AA Club) for free upon presentation of the card and ticket. Other clubs will let you buy a one day pass or use mileage to do the same. Safe travels

It's not easy to get into Terminal 4 without a boarding pass for travel out of Terminal 4, so if you're arriving on United (Terminal 7) and departing out of TBIT you're pretty much limited to the lounge options in those 2 terminals. United has a Red Carpet Club in Terminal 7. You can buy a full-fare, fully-refundable ticket departing on American that day (destination being irrelevant since you won't use it) and use it to get through security to the Admirals Club where you can buy a one-day pass (or use your Amex Platinum if you have it), then call and cancel your flight and have it refunded to your credit card although you will have checked in already (to get your boarding pass) so you'll have to pay attention to the fine print when you book it.

That does solve some issues at times. (to get to the gate)

good to know for emergencies if you need to find somebody before they leave to say you love them and want to get married afterall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom