Laws at Table Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobtu

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

A buddy and I did the shore dive at Indian Point Marina last November. If you are unaware, they have a line marking a shallow trail and and a deeper trail out to a sunken boat. My 11 year old is a Junior Certified diver and I'd love to take him on that dive.

My question is how to legally do that? Is it legal to dive around the marina? (there is a dive shop there so I assume, yes... I've tried to call them but they've never answered the phone - I'm sure it's seasonal as I hear great things about them) Do I need to tow a flag? Any other tips?

Thanks!

Have no idea about your area(or where this is )---but----in general, NEVER make a dive without a dive flag----ESP with a marina close by.......Tow it would be your best option(beats going out & setting 3 or 4 to mark you dive direction then the sunken boat).....

The dive shop should be open more now that Memorial Day is this weekend. During the time they are open they usually have a flag or two setup in the water as they are diving there most every day. Just go to the dive shop & they will let you gear up in the water right by the steps going into the water, & point you to the different lines they have ran to the wrecks. They are a great bunch of guys at the dive shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom