Lavacore Sizing for Someone Thin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chuckys

New
Reaction score
Just finished searching through 19 pages of forum and exploring numerous other websites, and something I still need help on is the sizing of the Lavacore full suit, as I am intending getting one to wear under a 7mm wetsuit for colder water temperatures. My issue is that I seem to be too thin/too tall for any of their wetsuits. (See their sizing chart here.)

My measurements: Chest 35", Waist 30", Hips 33", Inseam 30", Height 5'10", Weight 135 lbs
What size wetsuit would this be?

In my opinion there are two options:

A) Let's ignore weight, because that seems to be irrelevant and completely off anyway (according to other sources). Just going by chest, waist and hips, it seems a size S would fit me correctly. However, that would probably mean that the suit were too short. Does anyone have any experience with a "short" Lavacore according to the sizing chart?

B) Some forum users have actually suggested in other posts to go a size larger as Lavacore apparently produces too small wetsuits, which would mean an M in this case. My height should not be an issue in that case I suppose, but according to the table the suit would be quite a bit too wide. Does anyone have experience regarding the size offset? With my measurements I am not even in ranges for chest, waist and hips of size M...

As there is no LDS near me that carries Lavacore I'll have to order online, so any help regarding sizing is greatly appreciated!

Being your build I would order a size Small. Don't worry about the body weight part of the chart.

Ok, but size Small would mean I'd be stretching the suit about 3" out of the range in the chart. Is this realistic?

Be careful I've found their sizing to be rather wonky i.e all small are not small etc there seems to be some variation depending who was on the sewing machine on any given day.

---------- Post added May 11th, 2015 at 01:52 AM ----------

Ok, but size Small would mean I'd be stretching the suit about 3" out of the range in the chart. Is this realistic?

They are very stretchy, which is lucky given wonky sizes.

Back
Top Bottom