Latex Wrist Seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xtreme9m

Reaction score
I'm new to diving dry and love it. I only have one problem every so often or on high activity dives my left wrist seal leaks. Is there an easy solution?

Most drysuit divers I know often get a little water through the cuffs, not enough to get really wet but some little water. If you are a thin wristed big tendon type wrist your most likely going to get wet. There is a product called Bio-seal (I haven't used it) that goes on your arm (neck) prior to donning the suit. It is reported that this stops seal leaks. The Bio-seal is a product of Apollo Scuba. I don't know the cost. Check out their website
http://www.apollosportsusa.com/.

Thin wrists and large tendons may cause the leak. I keep the seal just behind my hand before the tendons of my wrist. I've never had a leak using this method.

I used to have that problem. I solved it by cutting an old wrist seal into a band about 1 inch wide and I put that on then my wrist seal over it. Fixed the problem. I know people that use the bio seal product as well.

Thanks for the info. I've tried just about everything but the bioseal and dry gloves. Maybe I'll deal with it this winter and get zip seals put on next summer. Has anyone tried them?

Really easy and cheap solution....electrical tape!

I did my OW divews in a dry suit and the instructor brought electrical tape along for just that purpose. Our leaky wrist seals stopped leaking when we just added some electrical tape around our wrists. I thought it was brilliant. Though...my drysuit had neoprene seals...I'm not sure if that makes a difference to the relevance of this post or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom