Latex seal problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, we are both Fusion users. Is there anything you are doing now to prevent this?

I'v used UV Tech on the seal's of my Fusion for the last 18 months. They're in excellent condition at the moment. It's water based & biodegradable according to the label.

I just had the seals changed, and not by White's. We'll see if this happens again. I've had other seals get flabby, but I've never had them disintegrate into goo before.

I just found that I have the same thing going on my Bare drysuit neck seal. The seal as a whole looks great, but I have two points of deteroriation where holes have formed, and one of the holes is surrounded by sticky residue. I have a big trip to California in about two weeks, where I'll be diving on two weekends. I think I'm going to try the bicycle innertube patch procedure to try and sneak by, and then send the suit in after my trip. If things go to hell, I know that I can rent a suit.

Drysuits: the most amazing invention when they work, the most amazingly frustrating when they don't!

My seals are shot and I'm looking to replace them with bottle shaped wrist seals. I've only seen a couple places selling them on the net in the U.S. Any suggestions for where to buy them?

My seals are shot and I'm looking to replace them with bottle shaped wrist seals. I've only seen a couple places selling them on the net in the U.S. Any suggestions for where to buy them?

I suggest you start a new thread with your question. When a thread is as old as this one, most people figure it has run its course and don't check in. The people who can answer your question probably won't see it.

Back
Top Bottom