Latex neck seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think putting silicon on latex is a good idea. It will eventually leak its way down to the suit itself, even a little. When it comes time for a new seal, they may not be able to glue in another. NO GOOD.

Your shop was making a good attempt at dodging what is supposed to be "customer service".
That's why ya buy at a shop, instead of mailorder, right? They're supposed to assist you in proper fitting.
You'll probably have to trim the cuffs too.

Don't stretch the neckseal too tightly while trimming, that can cause the whole darn thing to tear.

My buddy trimed his neck seal because it was too tight and then 2 weeks later it was suddenly too loose and he had to replace the seal. If its not dangerously tight Ide let it go for 5 dives or so but only if its not dangerously tight and a good dive shop shoul be able to tell you if it is. They also seem to loosen up during the dive a bit.

I trimmed it this afternoon using the stretch it over the scuba tank method. It worked well, thanks for the tip Jonnythan. I got it close. Its still a little tight but doable. I feel it may "work" in a bit. My Unisuits neck seal was always looser underwater, but of course that one was neoprene. Thanks for the replies!

Jim

ScubaSarus:
My buddy trimed his neck seal because it was too tight and then 2 weeks later it was suddenly too loose and he had to replace the seal. If its not dangerously tight Ide let it go for 5 dives or so but only if its not dangerously tight and a good dive shop shoul be able to tell you if it is. They also seem to loosen up during the dive a bit.

The same thing happened to me. I found out in the mean time that I am mildly allergic to latex, too, so an apollo bio seal fixed both problems. :D

Back
Top Bottom