Latex neck seal chaffing back of neck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the advice and links. After reading a lot and seeing I'm not the only one suffering these problems I've decided to try the Apollo Bio Seals. Hopefully, these will solve the problem.

Grey_Wulff

Grey_Wulff:
Thanks for the advice and links. After reading a lot and seeing I'm not the only one suffering these problems I've decided to try the Apollo Bio Seals. Hopefully, these will solve the problem. Grey_Wulff

Grey_Wulff; We get a lot of very positive feedback on the bio-seals. They work very well with both neoprene and Latex seals:
www.apollosportsusa.com/Products/Drysuits/Bioseal.htm

As a drysuit diver myself with skin rash problems I am a good [although biased] case study.

Best wishes for lots of safe diving.

mdb:
Grey_Wulff; We get a lot of very positive feedback on the bio-seals. They work very well with both neoprene and Latex seals:
www.apollosportsusa.com/Products/Drysuits/Bioseal.htm

As a drysuit diver myself with skin rash problems I am a good [although biased] case study.

Best wishes for lots of safe diving.

Got my bio seals and tried them out for the first time over the weekend. They seemed to work very well. No leaks and more importantly no chaffing :)

Grey_Wulff

Grey_Wulff:
Got my bio seals and tried them out for the first time over the weekend. They seemed to work very well. No leaks and more importantly no chaffing.

Have used them several more times now and they have completely solved the neck chaffing problem. No leaks either.

Grey_Wulff

You can do a self "patch" test for latex. Wear a latex gloves with fingers cut off on one hand every night. If your hands break out in a rash after a week or so of nightly use, you are allergic to a component of latex. Or you can tape a piece of latex seal or latex glove to the upper right or upper left over your inner shoulder blade. Removing it in 4 to 5 days and if it causes a red flare - you are allergic to latex.

A costly test your dermatologist can do is a True Test patch test. They likely would charge you 200 to 300 bucks for the consultation, application, and reading of the test.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom