Latex hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BOATS313

Reaction score
I know that somewhere on the board this question has been asked and answered, but with my slow computer I'll never find it on my own.
I just bought a new dry suit, Viking Extreme w/ attached hood. Should the hood be trimmed and if so how? If not then I either have to dive with a giant bubble on my head or looking like Kenny from South Park(Pulled back or pulled forward). Could I just try folding it under?:hannibal:

I never tried a latex hood sounds interesting. I use a neoprene and I put a hole in the crown to let out the air, I trimmed the edges away to give me good clearance for the mask skirt. Hope that helps

Yes, trim your hood.

A little garland and tinsle during the christmas season is appropriate and a little spray on snow is nice.

Little red hearts are nice for valentines day.

Lillies and yellow bows are appropriate around Easter.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously now,

Too much hood is a PIA to mess with, not enough leaks.

Put your hood liner on and your hood and mask.
I put my mask under my hood, so when I exhale into the mask,
warm excess air bubble goes into the hood.

In a mirror , with a ball point pen trace around your mask, leaving about 3/4" to 1 inch overlap on the skirt, then taper towards the sides of your mouth,and together just under your lips. (The closer the better) If in doubt leave a little extra, you can always remove some more later.

If bubble head is a problem, you can install a one way purge valve in the top. Similar to a mask purge valve, (available from viking)

Mike D

Back
Top Bottom