Latex Dryhoods

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just had Bare install a attached latex hood and love it. I run the seal under my ffm and lett my hat stick out in to the mask to keep all the airspace good. I am dry as a bone so far.

I have a question. Sorry for the hijack. Is a drysuit hood a dry hood that keeps your head dry or is it a special hood besides a drysuit hood?

KZ:
I have a question. Sorry for the hijack. Is a drysuit hood a dry hood that keeps your head dry or is it a special hood besides a drysuit hood?
Dry hood, drysuit hood- same same, all same.

I wear a custom Otter Bay 5mm neoprene dry hood with a face seal that allows my FFM to seal real well. Not attached, so my hair eventually gets wet, but my face does stay dry. It's plenty warm and no replacement worries like with an attached hood.

I had a DUI latex hood circa 2000, but it ripped on the first pool trial (no... I didn't trim it). The replacement only lasted two weeks. After getting no satisfaction from the mfg, I went with a Mares wet hood and it's worked great for even the coldest of Great Lakes dives. The only way I'd consider a latex hood again would be if I had to dive in a contaminated environ using an FFM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom