Latest Short Film

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for posting it Steve. Your footage was nice. The only "problem" I have with the video is the multiple windows at the beginning (the ones near the end make sense). My aging eyes just have too many problems trying to take it all in. Also, the "Save the Seals" at the very end destroys the otherwise objective presentation of the issue.

Of course the bathers should realize that the seals "owned" the beach well before the Scripps family (a number of whose members are my friends, so no dig at them intended) or the State of California!

Good film - I too was bothered by the multiple screens at the start - but more so by the background animation (bubbles). Only this little bit - very good - it kept my attention

Thanks for the comments. Have already taken out the last clip and reloaded the film. Interesting comments from you both regarding the multiple screens as it is a technique used by many TV shows like '24' as well as a host of movies. Maybe if the background were left black instead of the water animation in the back you would have liked it better.
Again, appreciate the comments.
Steve

I liked the multiple screen - worked very well - background (for me) was distracting.

Only time for me in the water with sea lions was in LaPaz(Mx). I really enjoyed that ! Great footage you have

Hey Videographers - I am seeking some footage to buy to be used on a website (commercial pourposes). If anyone has a lead please have them reply (pm) for details. Timeframe - immediate!
Thanks!
Scott

Hi Steve, the video was good. Were these all your shots? A couple of constructive thoughts.

1. Personally, I like the multiple clips at the beginning, however the background was very distracting and I could not focus on the clips, so Id use something more neutral.

2. The ambient noise in the background is too loud and it makes hearing your narration difficult in many instances.

Altogether, a very good piece.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom