Latest Facebook/Twitter repostings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today's Awesome underwater photo! - DM JimFirebrick Sea StarBy Richard Ling#scuba #conservation http://fb.me/171Tb5lMV

---------- Post added December 9th, 2013 at 04:16 PM ----------

EDUCATION! - Please watch and share - great animation about overfishing - DM Jim
#conservation #fishing #oceans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6nwZUkBeas&feature=youtu.be

---------- Post added December 10th, 2013 at 10:14 AM ----------

Check out the latest RDT newsletter - Trashy Diver 2013 winners! trips and more! - DM Jim
#roddenberry
http://www.roddenberry.com/media/upload/rdt/2013-12-09/2013-12-09.html

---------- Post added December 10th, 2013 at 11:04 AM ----------

The world's largest "ship" will produce LNG on site - what do you think? - DM Jim
#oceans #conservation
BBC News - Shell's record-breaking Prelude takes to the water

---------- Post added December 10th, 2013 at 11:09 AM ----------

These fishermen in Australia deserve some serious kudos! After unintentionally hooking a large tiger shark, they work tirelessly to release it back into the ocean - DM Jim
#sharks #conservation #oceans
Fishermen Accidentally Catch Tiger Shark, But What They Do Next Is Remarkable (VIDEO)

SCIENCE! What lies beneath project. 25 year project to observe more of the ocean. - DM Jim
#science #oceans #conservation
What Lies Beneath: Diving Into the Neptune Undersea Observatory Project [Infographic] | VisualNews.com

---------- Post added December 12th, 2013 at 02:09 PM ----------

SCIENCE - Understanding the changes in the atmosphere will allow better understanding of how we affect it - DM Jim
#climate #conservation
BBC News - Weather 'behind ozone hole changes'

---------- Post added December 12th, 2013 at 02:19 PM ----------

Extinction Soup! Have you seen this!? Get in and support this documentary - education is the key to change! - DM Jim
#shark #conservation
Extinction Soup | Indiegogo

Some good news! Will this trend continue? Only time will tell. - DM Jim
#climate #arctic
BBC News - Esa's Cryosat sees Arctic sea-ice volume bounce back

---------- Post added December 16th, 2013 at 10:40 AM ----------

Are we close to two-way communication with dolphins? We might be closer than you think. - DM Jim
#dolphins #TED #conservation
WATCH: Did This Expert Just Figure Out How to Talk to Dolphins? | TEDTalks

---------- Post added December 17th, 2013 at 09:33 AM ----------

Today's awesome underwater photo: Dwarf Goby By Klaus Stiefel - DM Jim #scuba #photo #underwater http://fb.me/12GpIoIeN

---------- Post added December 17th, 2013 at 09:34 AM ----------

Do you have an idea for a Roddenberry Dive Team event? Let me know! It doesn't have to be a dive - DM Jim

---------- Post added December 17th, 2013 at 09:41 AM ----------

[h=5]Have you seen this trip? Fiji with the Roddenberry Dive Team and X-Ray magazine! It's going to be AWESOME!! - DM Jim
#scuba #fiji
Roddenberry Dive Team | Events
[/h]

2013 Trashy Diver winners! - DM Jim
#scuba #roddenberry
http://www.roddenberry.com/media/upload/rdt/2013-12-16/2013-12-16.html

---------- Post added December 19th, 2013 at 08:54 AM ----------

I have to say I am of two minds about this - great that we can get oil without drilling, sad that we are still trying to use oil for fuel.... - DM Jim
#oil #algae #globalwarming
Government Scientists Created Crude Oil from Algae in Mere Minutes

---------- Post added December 19th, 2013 at 09:36 AM ----------

Pacific Sardines are in severe decline. So many specied depend on this crucial food source. We must reduce man's pressure on this species! - DM Jim
#conservation
Pacific Sardines: Critical Food Source in Steep Decline - The Pew Charitable Trusts

Sea world is feeling the pain and has once again lashed out at Blackfish in the wake of eight musicians canceling shows in Orlando. There truly is no defense. - DM Jim
#blackfish
SeaWorld launches ad counterattack in wake of "Blackfish" backlash - CBS News

---------- Post added December 22nd, 2013 at 07:46 AM ----------

Ok, here is the open letter from SeaWorld. They do not address the main concerns (which is no surprise) about no artificial tank being large enough and they repeat the lies about separating calves and longevity in captivity. This just makes them seem desperate. - DM Jim
#blackfish
SeaWorld's Letter: From our Zoological Team | SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment

---------- Post added December 22nd, 2013 at 09:47 PM ----------

I had the extreme pleasure of being surrounded by pulchritude today. Finally got to meet Samantha Whitcraft! Had a great time with Sylvia Earle and Liz Taylor and some other wonderful people who care about the oceans and planet. Super awesome and I had to pose for this lovely photo - DM Jim

---------- Post added December 23rd, 2013 at 08:28 AM ----------

Culling after a shark bite is NOT the answer - DM Jim
#shark #conservation
More than 100 shark scientists, including me, oppose the cull in Western Australia | Southern Fried Science

---------- Post added December 23rd, 2013 at 09:18 AM ----------

Think that human/Orca negative interactions are new? Think again! - DM Jim
#blackfish #orcas #conservation
http://www.orcahome.de/incidents.htm

I have been diving with these amazing fish and have to say that removing any protections would be tragic. - DM Jim
#goliathgrouper #conservation
MoveOn Petitions - Save The Goliath Grouper

---------- Post added December 26th, 2013 at 09:04 AM ----------

Australia is going to monitor the Japanese whaling efforts from the air this year. I think a better plan would be to provide whale ship coordinates to Sea Shepherd... - DM Jim
#seashepherd #whales #conservation
BBC News - Australia sends plane to monitor Japanese whaling

---------- Post added December 26th, 2013 at 09:08 AM ----------

Honestly I don't think there is any amount of money that will adequately recompense the residents and the planet. BP has essentially destroyed the Gulf of Mexico and there's no going back. Given the ludicrous amounts of money they make each year, they need to simply agree and pay up. - DM Jim
#gulfofmexico #BPoil #BPGulfSpill #environment
BP's Request To Require Proof Of Gulf Spill Losses Rejected By Federal Judge

---------- Post added December 26th, 2013 at 09:11 AM ----------

How are you reducing your impact on the environment? Here are some great tools to help figure it out - DM Jim
#environment #green
20 Environmental Calculators to Track Your Eco-Efforts - Living Green Magazine : Living Green Magazine

---------- Post added December 26th, 2013 at 09:13 AM ----------

Here's today's awesome underwater photo:nudibranchBy Doug Anderson- DM Jim http://fb.me/2ShvWq7yA

---------- Post added December 27th, 2013 at 08:11 AM ----------

2013 - Year in wildlife pictures from BBC - DM Jim
#photo #wildlife #conservation
BBC - Future - Science & Environment - 2013: The year in wildlife

---------- Post added December 27th, 2013 at 10:19 AM ----------

TEPCO, BP - same issue (polluting the oceans), different vector and location. Why would we want fishermen catching and killing sealife only to have be discarded. This is beyond ridiculous! - DM Jim
#oceans #fukushima #conservation
http://rt.com/news/japan-fukushima-seafood-dangers-775/

---------- Post added December 27th, 2013 at 10:20 AM ----------

Today's awesome underwater photo: Christmas Tree Worms (Spirobranchus giganteus). The Castle, Centipede Reef,... http://fb.me/2UBh5HUjD

Shark photobombs surfing photo - everyone lives - DM Jim
#shark #photobomb
Shark Photobombs 2 Boys At California Beach

---------- Post added December 29th, 2013 at 09:49 PM ----------

Absolutely the coolest volunteer opportunity around! As long as you are in Hawaii - DM Jim
#whales #conservation #NOAA
Counting Whales In Hawaii Might Be The Best Volunteer Program Ever

---------- Post added December 29th, 2013 at 09:54 PM ----------

Plastics are mankind's most lasting impact on the oceans. They might (might) break up into smaller and smaller bits, yet they do not go away. They accumulate and are causing havok! - DM Jim
#plastic #conservation #pollution
Ocean Plastics Pollution

---------- Post added December 30th, 2013 at 01:38 PM ----------

HURRAY, it's almost time! Join Samantha Whitcraft, as your guide/host, and Oceanic Society, on Espedeco Tree Farm, from January 30 - February 3, 2014 to not only respectfully experience manatees in crystal clear springs, but also to learn about them and their vital habitats from local conservation experts. Then enjoy the farm's heated swimming pool, fireplaces, sip home-made hot chocolate, and explore hundreds of acres of private, protected, pristine woodlands!

More about the opportunity, here: Snorkel with Manatees in Florida | Oceanic Society

New report predicts up to 4 degree C increase in global temperatures. "Catastrophic". - DM Jim
#climate #globalwarming
Climate Change Worse Than We Thought, Likely To Be 'Catastrophic Rather Than Simply Dangerous'

---------- Post added December 31st, 2013 at 09:57 AM ----------

Do you love dolphins? Why not 'adopt' one - DM Jim
#oceans #dolphins
Ocean Conservation Society – Adopt-a-Dolphin

---------- Post added December 31st, 2013 at 09:57 AM ----------

Don't forget to express your support for the Goliath Groupers in Florida. I have dived with these amazing animals and it is something to see. Let's continue to protect them for the future. - DM Jim
#goliathgrouper #conservation
MoveOn Petitions - Save The Goliath Grouper

---------- Post added January 1st, 2014 at 10:46 AM ----------

Happy New Year from the Roddenberry Dive Team! - DM Jim

---------- Post added January 1st, 2014 at 10:46 AM ----------

#blackfish appears to be having a substantial impact on#SeaWorld Stock price down, awareness greatly enhanced. It's time to end the captivity of cetaceans! - DM Jim

SeaWorld's Popularity Tanks As "Blackfish" Documentary Makes A Splash - Forbes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom