Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I cannot speak for the future, but I can attest to spending three months in Thailand very recently without any contact with either of these apps.
I've spent all of the pandemic in Thailand and you don't need the app until you need it. Most places had both the QR to scan with the app or pen and paper where you can write down your particulars (Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck if you wish). If entering as a visitor, you will.most likely have to show evidence of registering in it...whether one uses it is up to them. Just hope you don't come down with anything and when they check the app to trace your contacts and.there's nothing...possible fines and imprisonment.

All those apps are for local ONLY.
I have yet to come across any country other than china!!!!
China!!!!...you mean one of the few countries that has successfully controlled the virus?

China!!!!...you mean one of the few countries that has successfully controlled the virus?
"Controlled" is a wrong word here.
Have you seen any of them lately in the Kingdom?

If entering as a visitor, you will.most likely have to show evidence of registering in it.

Again, I entered as a visitor, on a TR visa, this last December. At no point did anyone ask me to install either of those apps. The nurse at the ASQ hotel did ask me to install something called COSTE, which I was to use to report my temperature during ASQ, but that's different and there were alternatives provided that did not require an app.

I've spent all of the pandemic in Thailand and you don't need the app until you need it. Most places had both the QR to scan with the app or pen and paper where you can write down your particulars (Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck if you wish). If entering as a visitor, you will.most likely have to show evidence of registering in it...whether one uses it is up to them. Just hope you don't come down with anything and when they check the app to trace your contacts and.there's nothing...possible fines and imprisonment.
No mention whatsoever in the original application for the visa and CoE.
This is the best I could find:
Data privacy concerns over Thailand's COVID-19 contact tracing app amid new wave of cases

In Taiwan anyone entering must have an app and be traced for location tracking. Everyone can get a sim card at the airport on arrival and you must have a contact traceable smart phone or you do not get out of the airport. :)

Taiwan is a country that has controlled the virus. China already admitted it lied about the numbers of people who contracted the virus in Wuhan alone by half a million people so how do you think it is in the rest of China?

Outbreaks are still occurring in China and some provinces or cities have been put into complete lockdowns.

Again, I entered as a visitor, on a TR visa, this last December. At no point did anyone ask me to install either of those apps. The nurse at the ASQ hotel did ask me to install something called COSTE, which I was to use to report my temperature during ASQ, but that's different and there were alternatives provided that did not require an app.
Thai officialdom has never been know for consistency and I don't know for sure if using the app will be required. Just a heads-up that it may be required. I use Thai Chana myself because local reports said it used less phone memory space and only required a local phone number. The Mor Chana app wanted more information, like a name and address and such.

In Taiwan anyone entering must have an app and be traced for location tracking. Everyone can get a sim card at the airport on arrival and you must have a contact traceable smart phone or you do not get out of the airport. :)

Taiwan is a country that has controlled the virus. China already admitted it lied about the numbers of people who contracted the virus in Wuhan alone by half a million people so how do you think it is in the rest of China?

Outbreaks are still occurring in China and some provinces or cities have been put into complete lockdowns.
Yes Taiwan has probably had the best response to the Sars-Cov2 virus than anyone. Kudos to them.

Yes Taiwan has probably had the best response to the Sars-Cov2 virus than anyone. Kudos to them.

SENDING MEMES.jpeg

Daily infections rising...clubs, bars, and entertainment venues closed for 10 days in Phuket. Mostly in Bangkok...single digit cases on Phuket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom