Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Considering that Hong Kong has ~6% of the population vaccinated so far, compared to Israel's 60%, I'd say - give it time; they'll figure something out.

I actually didn't go to Phuket at all; I went on the Smiling Seahorse out of Ranong rather than Khao Lak, and it was a photography charter in which we did two days at Richelieu Rock (seven dives + 1 blackwater dive off Surin), then one day at Surin (one dive at Koh Bon, two and Koh Tachai, and then a blackwater dive off Koh Tachai), and then three more dives at Richelieu Rock on the last day. Didn't touch Similans at all.
Koh Lanta was my primary choice of destination, but inquiries to local dive shops last November indicated that it was totally dead, while Koh Tao was quite lively, so that's where I went. It worked out quite well, all things considered - I rented a house with fiber optic internet so I was able to keep working normally and dive on weekends, and I joined a local group doing muck diving photography, which is not a well-publicized feature of Koh Tao.
1. We do not trust the HKSAR Gov which is absolutely useless!
2. The rate of infection(just over 11,000 and slightly over 200 fatalities) is quite low for a city of 8m.
3. There have been regular reports on the adverse effect after injection mostly associated with SINOVAC .
Hong Kong halts BioNTech shots; fears over vaccination drive ‘hiccup’ dismissed
This does not help either.
4. AZ is still being reviewed! And no reason was given for the delay!
5. Sinovac was approved.
Government responds to approval of vaccine by Sinovac for emergency use
China’s Covid Shot Has Four Wildly Different Efficacy Rates

1. We do not trust the HKSAR Gov which is absolutely useless!

Well, technically, we don't even have a government right now - the governing coalition fell apart in December after failing to pass a budget, and the elections we held last week - fourth in two years - produced an apparent deadlock.

2. The rate of infection(just over 11,000 and slightly over 200 fatalities) is quite low for a city of 8m.

I suppose that reduces the urgency to vaccinate - we're a country of 9 million, and we had over 800k cases with over 6k fatalities.

3. There have been regular reports on the adverse effect after injection mostly associated with SINOVAC .
Hong Kong halts BioNTech shots; fears over vaccination drive ‘hiccup’ dismissed
This does not help either.

The BioNTech thing is weird; Israel administered over 10 million doses of Pfizer/BioNTech and I haven't heard anything like that, nor have there been any serious adverse effects.

1. The actual boss/Emperor is residing in Peking! Our is just a puppet on a string!
2. Understandably.
3. Different batch? Resuming next wk with new batch.
The adverse effect has been mainly with Sinovac. Interestingly, HKSAR Gov has been telling us that it is the safest one because it is using the old and well tested production method ie. obsolete and low tec(killed viral particles)!

BioNTec is the one that I preferred.

Considering that Hong Kong has ~6% of the population vaccinated so far, compared to Israel's 60%, I'd say - give it time; they'll figure something out.

I actually didn't go to Phuket at all; I went on the Smiling Seahorse out of Ranong rather than Khao Lak, and it was a photography charter in which we did two days at Richelieu Rock (seven dives + 1 blackwater dive off Surin), then one day at Surin (one dive at Koh Bon, two and Koh Tachai, and then a blackwater dive off Koh Tachai), and then three more dives at Richelieu Rock on the last day. Didn't touch Similans at all.
Koh Lanta was my primary choice of destination, but inquiries to local dive shops last November indicated that it was totally dead, while Koh Tao was quite lively, so that's where I went. It worked out quite well, all things considered - I rented a house with fiber optic internet so I was able to keep working normally and dive on weekends, and I joined a local group doing muck diving photography, which is not a well-publicized feature of Koh Tao.
How is the muck diving in Ko Tao and what is the name of the group?

Latest official announcement on Thailand re-opening:

Screenshot_20210402-112706_Facebook.jpg

New entry rules summary:

20210403_125101.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210402-084236_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210402-084236_Chrome.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 73
It's not Anilao, but it's still pretty nice. Alex Tyrrell, who lives on Koh Tao, has recently written an article about it.

The dives are run by Master Divers out of Mae Haad. They go several times a week.
An well respected operator. No large group of divers.

I assumed you have to show your "Green Pass" when applying for the COE/Visa to the Kingdom back home. And do you need to carry it on arrival at the Kingdom as well?

Cheers.

I assumed you have to show your "Green Pass" when applying for the COE/Visa to the Kingdom back home. And do you need to carry it on arrival at the Kingdom as well?

At the time I went (December last year), it wasn't a thing yet. From what I understand, a few days ago, the CoE (Certificate of Entry) process was amended with vaccination info - now, I'm guessing here, but since the CoE applications are processed by local embassies/consulates, I expect that they would be familiar with whatever local vaccination documentation that is issued in the applicant's country, and they will examine and confirm/deny the supplied data (the form takes images/documents/PDFs), then the officials in Thailand will refer to the CoE. Expecting border control officers, or worse, local personnel, to navigate paperwork issued in dozens of different countries, possibly in languages other than English, would be a recipe for disaster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom