Latest CSSP conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allen42

Contributor
Reaction score
Debbie doesn't get around to updating the current temps as much as I'd like, and I'm just itchin for the lake to warm up!

Anyone been out there and know the latest temps @ CSSP?

Temps above/below the main thermo would be helpful, too.

The last report I saw was 50 degrees top to bottom -- no thermocline.

CSSP = Clear Springs Scuba Park. Located in Terrell, just east of Dallas.

Yesterday, it was about 64F on the surface, but I got down to 51 feet and it was 48F on the bottom.

good news is there is a thermocline at cssp now

derrick

Dang S-Tex, tell me you weren't diving in just your 3mm!!!!

Let me know if you're going to be out there next weekend.

Texass:
Dang S-Tex, tell me you weren't diving in just your 3mm!!!!

Let me know if you're going to be out there next weekend.

Ummm....no, I was wearing a new Akona 7mm. I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid. LOL :biggrin2:

BTW, I called you Saturday on my way out there. Did you not get my message?

My wife did her checkout dives there yesterday and Saturday wearing a 5mm, and she said it was frigid...lol. I told her that this was the last time she ever HAD to dive that cold. She wanted me to get in the water, but I reminded her that I do this for fun now, and water temps in the 50's are NOT my idea of fun. I'll probably go back the first weekend in May to help with a new group of students, but hopefully the water will be a little warmer then.

Dove CSSP saturday and it was chilly. My computer was wiggin out, giving me dive temps everywhere from 88 to 61F, but that might be left over from a surface interval in the sun. The gentleman I was diving with reported it as 61 on the surface and 54 below a thermocline that was right at 15-20ft. You felt it too, it's right at the level with the dive platform. we also went down to ~50-55 feet and there seemed to be another thermocline, I'll check my computer and see what it read (if it is reliable).

Oh, vis was about 6-10 feet, less than six in someplaces.

Hope this helps.

PolsVoice.

P.S. there is a moderate sized catfish that seems to like to hang out around the divers when at the platform. I saw him yesterday and I saw him last october (well, I assume it was him... seemed to be the same size). Has anyone considered naming him?

Back
Top Bottom