Latest Back Treatment??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll not repeat my earlier posts. If anyone cares about what happened and what I did just scroll up to my previous posts.

The long and short if it is that there is no "later Treatment" available. My initial response to the back pain is still the accepted standard.

So, I continued the regimen gradually expanding to swimming and then to slant board crunches and roman chairs without added weight.

I am now off light duty and again pain free. I seem to have full range of motion and no more frailty or numb spots than before. In fact this last Friday overnight I helped out at a Boy Scout Camporee. They were doing an overnight hike on a 15 mile wilderness trail; stopping every so often to perform an activity. It took all "night" for them, and me. In my case I only had to hike the miles into my duty site and then back out the next day(Sat).

I slept on the ground, made a moss bed, in a Gortex rain parka and pants with the overnight temp down to +42F. No discomfort except where the clouds of female mosquitos feasted. Afterward I was a bit stiff but functional. Today I feel fine. Not bad for the first hike of the season.

Thanks for everyone's concern and encouragement!

Back
Top Bottom