Latest attempt to deal with sidemount al80 tank trim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is. It tends to go along with people who think ring bungees are the way to go

Now ya did it....

Your problems start at the ring bungie which is holding the tank way too far forward (towards your head)
The tails are such a solved problem already (at least for barehanded diving)
I suppose there is potential merit in screwing around with new ways to hold the tails down when you have dry gloves and rings on that get in the way of everything. But on the other hand, its easy to use heavier tanks when you have cold water undergarments.

Rather than talk about this I think you should post in-water videos. Honestly that's the only way anyone (myself included) is going to be convinced you have had some eureka moment that hasn't already been tried six ways from sunday by divers who were sidemounting decades before this board existed.

I like the innovation. Trying to build a better mousetrap is part of the fun for some divers, myself included. I don't love the 2 dring/sliding dring myself. I don't think that magnets will be the better solution, but I applaud the experiment. Problems I would test for are trouble aligning magnets for locking, trouble making contact with magnet, having sufficiently powerful magnets on your belt, compass and computer interaction problems, and having additional dangling metal on your tanks. Good luck.

What's that????
Looks like a submarine attached to that there divers hip!

If the magnet is strong enough you could dump the clip completely. That could reduce complexity. I don't see how you could add deco bottles however.

For those that don’t like the sliding D rings (I don’t) as well as recliping to a fwd D ring, I suggest this.......

Back
Top Bottom