Later dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlevine

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wondering about shops that tend to offer later dives. I know some do, assuming they have enough people. I'd be coming from the West Coast of the US and it's about a 2-3 hour difference in timezone. I like to sleep in on vacation and would prefer not to rush for a 7:30-8am departure. Any thoughts on shops that go out a little later?

Just wondering about shops that tend to offer later dives. I know some do, assuming they have enough people. I'd be coming from the West Coast of the US and it's about a 2-3 hour difference in timezone. I like to sleep in on vacation and would prefer not to rush for a 7:30-8am departure. Any thoughts on shops that go out a little later?
I believe dive times are listed in the detailed spreadsheet (also now a Google doc) also in this Cozumel section. However, off the cuff here are a couple of options:

9:30 departure from marina: Cozumel Diving with Jungle Divers - Best Diving in the Caribbean ! I really liked diving with them.

Latest morning dives I recall seeing: 11 a.m. with Sea Horse ::Scuba:: I have not dived with them yet.

Deep Blue has a 9am departure. They have boats that leave from downtown and can pick-up at hotel piers south of downtown.

Where are the spreadsheet and Google doc version posted?
I just bumped it up to the top of the Cozumel forum. The most recent PDF is on page 8 of the thread, the Google doc based on that is on page 12 of the thread:

Most shops I have dove with will do an afternoon dive also. Salty Endeavors, Challenge Divers, and others often do an afternoon boat if they have customers

Most shops I have dove with will do an afternoon dive also. Salty Endeavors, Challenge Divers, and others often do an afternoon boat if they have customers
Blue Angel usually runs a 10AM boat.

Blue Angel usually runs a 10AM boat.
Depending on how they handle "lunch", imo, that's a nice, relaxed trip and perfect if arriving by cruise ship. Dive 10:30-11:30, lunch at a beach club until 1:15, dive 1:30-2:30, back by 3:00. If I was two-tanking that sounds appealing, especially if there are more options than Playa Paradise and the Money Bar for lunch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom