Late November Diving Destinations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My boyfriend and I are planning our next dive trip for late November. We are both Advanced Certified divers. I would love liveaboard suggestions as well! Any suggestions?

That's the rainy season in Roatan. Which will be pot luck on weather.
It's also the start of when weather can limit diving opportunities in Cozumel.

I would look at the Explorer Ventures T&C Liveaboard.

Ya! Come join us! Here are all of our November specials:

November 19-26, Caribbean Explorer II – St. Kitts/Saba/St. Maarten Save $300 per person!

November 19-26, Turks & Caicos Explorer II – Turks & Caicos Save $300 per person!

November 26 – December 3, Carpe Novo Explorer – Maldives Free Nitrox! ($150 Value)

November 27 – December 4, Carpe Vita Explorer – Maldives Save $600 per person!

Year of Savings Specials - Explorer Ventures

Let me know if you have any questions. I work for Explorer Ventures in an admin capacity now, but I used to work as the Purser on our Turks boat, so I know the boat and the diving down here very well. Would be happy to offer any tips.

Mia

+1 for the T/C Explorer. It's mostly deep wall diving with a lot of big pelagics. Another nice thing is Provo (PLS) is a easy connection thru Charlotte on AA - you're there around noon, they'll meet you and take your bags to the boat and drop you for lunch. Or there's a later flight that shuttles directly to the boat.

Last edited:
Hi Sarah!

Our favorite November diving destinations are:

1. Galapagos - A great bucket list trip that’s good during any month. November is the end of whale shark season, and the Galapagos are one of the best places in the world for swimming with whale sharks. We like to recommend the Nortada as good value for money, but there are plenty of quality liveaboards sailing the Galapagos.

2. Egypt - The Red Sea is on fire this year. Liveaboards in the Deep South are reporting more shark sightings than ever before. November, in particular, means the water won’t be too cold and the air temps won’t be too hot. Again, there are tons of great liveaboards, but the Red Sea Aggressor is one of the best.

3. Oman - A slightly less visited diving destination, Oman’s Musandam Peninsula benefits from a wide range of dive sites. There's something for everyone from macro to plentiful pelagic species. An Oman trip is easily combined with a trip to the desert or Dubai. If you choose to do some liveaboard diving in Oman, consider the Queen of Musandam.

4. Raja Ampat - One of the most popular liveaboard destinations in the world, Raja Ampat is home to the greatest fish biodiversity on Earth. It may be hard to reach, but the journey is well worth it. You’ll see tons of fish, manta rays, and fascinating above-the-water scenery. There are lots of beautiful boats in this part of Indonesia, but La Galigo is currently on special for November.

5. Fiji - The Soft Coral Capital of the World and one of the best shark diving destinations, Fiji is fantastic, especially in November. Above the water, it’s known as one of the most friendly countries. Liveaboard is the best way to explore Fiji, and the gorgeous SY Fiji Siren regularly goes on special.

You might also be interested in using our Dive Destination Wizard. Simply plug in the month in which you want to travel and the marine life you want to see for a list of destinations.

Let us know if you have any other questions. In the meantime, happy diving!

Awesome! Thanks for all the great feedback. We were also considering Phuket, Thailand. Has anyone gone this time of year? How is the diving?

Diving in Phuket depends on where you have dived before. If you havent dived SEA then thailand really is the poor cousin of Indo and Phillipines but still enjoyable. What are you looking for topside as there are other parts of thailand with better diving and topside stuff.

My boyfriend and I are planning our next dive trip for late November. We are both Advanced Certified divers. I would love liveaboard suggestions as well! Any suggestions?

Where have you dived already and what part of the world are you interested in exploring? If you are thinking of the Caribbean the tropical storm season ends Nov 30 and it is very rare to get a bad storm so late in the season, but the water will still be warm.

My favorite Caribbean dive resorts are the CBBR and LCBR and they have some good promotions going right now: Clearly Cayman

Do you like topside activities and/or night life or prefer to eat, sleep, and dive like a liveaboard?

How far are you willing to travel and are you looking for budget accommodations or something better? If you have never dived Hawaii you might want to take a look at the Kona Aggressor.

But you'd better make plans soon because you might find a great location but have difficulty arranging airfare. Good luck!

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks for all the great feedback. We were also considering Phuket, Thailand. Has anyone gone this time of year? How is the diving?

You're really going to need to give more background for anyone to give you good feedback. Where have you dived? What do you like to see? Do you want just diving or do you also care a lot about activities on land? What part of the world are you thinking of? High or low budget?

There's an insane amount to see in South East Asia alone to fit all types of taste. You could spend months there and still only see the highlights.

That said, I'll be in Phuket myself late Nov, diving off the Diverace E liveaboard. The liveaboard season will have just started in Phuket by then and it can be really enjoyable. If you want more info on Phuket, I suggest dropping by the Thailand forum where a lot of regulars there can give you much more information.

Back
Top Bottom