Late November dive trip suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chilly and t4e, we've definitely considered roatan, but have been told our dates are in the midst of the rainy season (which begins around october). what do you know?

I know that it is rainy season. :D

My experience has been a number of trips with mostly good to acceptable weather and one completely rained out. Diving still good in the rain but of course, not how we want to spend our dive holiday is it? I'm off to Ambergris Caye Belize in November, so wish me luck. This will be the 11+ year I have spent in either Belize and/or Roatan during the month of November. As you can see I've been willing to chance it. But one can never know for sure!! Have had horrible conditions in May too though that is much more rare.

I take along a sunny smile,a bunch of pocketsized packs of rain ponchos and hope for the best.

TURKS & CAICOS Island!! Provo ! simple the BEST!!!!
may be liveaboard??? or resorts!!
Stunning Walls that make cayman s walls dull lol
come over and check it out!!!

I have heard the diving is spectacular, with plenty of big fish. Someday. Cheers

oh my gosh, this research was a chore, but you guys made it so much better. thank you for taking the time!!

turns out the honduran sand fleas are a deal-killer for me. fleas love me and can make my life miserable :(
bonaire and curacao really pricey flights (will plan further ahead for better airfares next time)
been to providenciales; may try elsewhere in T&C another time.

so (drumroll)....it's the caymans! i've booked flights to/fr grand cayman, and will now decide whether to stay there, head for the brac / little cayman, or combination. if you cayman enthusiasts have recommendations, please pass them along!

tracydr, we'd love to get to bonaire! but flights (ATL-BON) are $2k pp :(

must be because of my late start, the time of year...something!
You're kidding! I've never paid more than $750 and our first trip, we went a very round-about way. I'd post on the Bonaire forum and see if you can find better deals.
Bonaire is also outside the hurricane zone, rarely affected by hurricanes.

---------- Post added September 18th, 2013 at 11:24 AM ----------

Try Cheapo Air. Cheap Tickets, Flights, Airline Tickets, Cheap Plane Tickets - CheapOair
I just tried Atlanta to Bonaire, November 30-Dec 7, $707. The key to Bonaire flights is that you have to fly on Saturdays. Any other day will be expensive.

chilly and t4e, we've definitely considered roatan, but have been told our dates are in the midst of the rainy season (which begins around october). what do you know?

My wife and I will be in Roatan that week at AKR. Delta was offering the ATL-RTB flight for only 35k Skymiles r/t. Yes, it's the rainy season. We'll dive with our umbrellas.

---------- Post added September 18th, 2013 at 04:45 PM ----------

You're kidding! I've never paid more than $750 and our first trip, we went a very round-about way. I'd post on the Bonaire forum and see if you can find better deals.

---------- Post added September 18th, 2013 at 11:24 AM ----------

Try Cheapo Air. Cheap Tickets, Flights, Airline Tickets, Cheap Plane Tickets - CheapOair
I just tried Atlanta to Bonaire, November 30-Dec 7, $707. The key to Bonaire flights is that you have to fly on Saturdays. Any other day will be expensive.

If you want to fly nonstop ATL-BON, Delta has the route locked up ... and charges accordingly. Looks like $1300 currently for 11/23-11/30. We have used Insel Air to Bonaire with good results, a couple of times out of Miami and once out of Charlotte. In fact, I believe we used Cheapo Air to book one of our BON trips.

Go to Brac Reef Resort and enjoy a beautiful vacation. They have tennis, pools, bikes, kayaks, beautiful beach, good food, Omar the friendly host/waiter, dive trips to Little Cayman, and if you don't like the dive boats go to Brac Scuba Shack for a more personal dive experience. The people from Brac are as nice as can be and I have never had a bad experience on the island, ever. No crime and the North end point at evening is one of the most beautiful sights in the world. Fresh,clean, salt air nothing better. I did have some friends stay with me and a couple of them complained the Brac was too isolated and not much to do... They are no longer friends. Have fun

X2 for the Brac. Plenty of accommodations and with the Brac Scuba Shack you might just be the only ones on the boat in November. Lots of varied dive sites, walls, reefs & wrecks. No traffic, quiet and lots of grocery stores.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom