Late Aug - early Sep: diving in SE Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not great for big creatures but excelent value for money have a look at Tioman tioman or Redang Redang Island Terengganu Malaysia If you are starting from Singapore then the are quick and easy to get to. Both are a little to commercial for my taste and if you want to get further off the beaten track then Perhentian may suit you better. All of these are suitable for your diving level.
There are lots of web sites for all of these islands use www.google.com.my as this seems to avoid some of the international booking companies.
A very logical and in-expensive suggestion for someone who is based in Singapore.
No need to fly which is an added bonus.
But do check with the local weather pattern.

I'm actually flying from Vietnam (HoChiMinh city to be more exact). I've been considering Malaysia - but not quite sure during late Aug/early Sep is the diving season or not.

Late Aug/early Sept is fine for Malaysia, with the exception of Layang Layang, as the resort often shuts down in mid-August.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom