Last night's Office visit ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, it's official ... whatever the calendar says, summer is over. Last night I arrived at the Cove 2 parking lot at 4:45 PM and there were more than a half-dozen available parking spots. In fact, parking spots were open the whole time I was there ... no waiting.

Vis was at least 30 feet. I was in mentor mode last night, so no camera ... but there were plenty of excellent photo ops out and about. I did find my shutter finger involuntarily twitching from time to time.

TSandM isn't around to read this ... but our mutual friend Georgina had an awesome dive last night. Her buoyancy control was spot on the whole dive, and she was able to hover, completely motionless, for several minutes mid-water watching water jellies without changing depth.

I live for dives like that ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Great shots Bob... Thanks for sharing..... got to find one of those nudie's.... they are so cool.....

sandman98007:
Great shots Bob... Thanks for sharing..... got to find one of those nudie's.... they are so cool.....
They're all over Cove 2 right now ... look on the sides and bottoms of any pilings you see sticking out of the bottom ... particularly in the 25 to 60 foot depth range. I saw four of them on the pilings just below the Honey Bear the other night. Unfortunately, I had neglected to change the batteries in my camera, and it died just before I got there ... :(

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Another nice office visit this evening with Ms. Penopolypants. She told me she'd never seen a warbonnet, so I told her I'd see if I could find some for her.

Found 'em ... :D

WB1091906.jpg

WB2091906.jpg

great shots, so clear.

and you are DIR TOO?

I have never seen a warbonnet...they look like out of a sci fi.

catherine96821:
great shots, so clear.
Thanks ... most of my shots weren't.

catherine96821:
and you are DIR TOO?
Not really ... I just pretend to be from time to time ... sorta ... :wink:

catherine96821:
I have never seen a warbonnet...they look like out of a sci fi.
Well, if you ever decide to come dive the PNW, I'll introduce you to them ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob has unbelievable warbonnet karma, and is more DIR than he lets on, at least where it's important -- skills, and team diving. And he is an unequalled mentor, judging from what he's been able to do with me and Georgina, both of us severely scuba-challenged.

well, wish he could teach me photography.

I'm developmentally arrested.

Those Warbonnets are very nice.

catherine96821:
well, wish he could teach me photography.

I'm developmentally arrested.

Those Warbonnets are very nice.

Nice photos Bob. I think they're good candidates for another "Who am eye?" thread.

NWGratefulDiver:
Another nice office visit this evening with Ms. Penopolypants. She told me she'd never seen a warbonnet, so I told her I'd see if I could find some for her.

Found 'em ... :D

Found several, in fact.....you have the magic eye, Bob.

Same camera setup, same critters, and your pictures came out beautifully, whereas mine...didn't. Oh well, guess I'll have to dive and practice more. :)

Thanks for the dive, it was lovely!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom