Last night's Office visit ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Did a long, relaxing dive at The Office last evening with Bones. We went down to the pilings to visit the mama octo ... sadly, she is gone. There's a large ling occupying the den, and the ragged remains of her eggs still hanging along the top of the den.

Then we headed across the deep end of the cove toward the I-beams. Along the way we checked out the other denning "mom" ... she's very gray, but still kicking.

On to the I-beams, then up to the jackstraw pilings, over to the Honey Bear, and a long, decompress back to the cove. Total bottom time, 76 minutes. Max depth, 111 fsw. Average depth 60 feet. Kickass dive.

Along the way we spotted several large warbonnets and a bunch ... more than I've ever seen before on one dive ... of golden dirona nudis.

Vis wasn't real good and I didn't get enough decent shots to make a photo show. So I'll leave you with just two images of the evening's visit to The Office ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

P1010020.jpg

P1010044.jpg

got video footage of mom returning to the sea... I fear she was not able to hold out long enough, the eggs don't look like they were ready to hatch.. No ling in the den as of 8:30pm, just starfish closing in for the feast.

There is a new fresh face under the plate... All pretty and red and somewhat curious. Only just showed up in the past week. Last sunday the plate den was occupied by a big fiendish looking ling.

thelawgoddess:
i've seen ratfish both of the times i've been to the alki junkyard. i think that's the only place i've seen them so far. they are very cool looking!
You'll seen them on every dive at Three Tree North and the Edmonds Oil Dock. You will also see them frequently at Redondo and Les Davis.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
You'll seen them on every dive at Three Tree North and the Edmonds Oil Dock. You will also see them frequently at Redondo and Les Davis.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Just dove Three Tree on Saturday and they were out IN DROVES! It was the most I've ever seen. And similar to LJ's video (which was cool, by the way), a few of them seemed more "aggressive" or "interested" in me than usual. I find they are hard to get close to...in my experience. On this dive, they were right in my face a few times.

Woohoo...I'm back in the water.

Lowell

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom