last minute trip to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey guys, i had a great time at cozumel and this board was a huge factor in that, i thank you all for your help and recommendations. Everything went well except for this rash i somehow got there, anybody else experienced anything similar?

If you went to Casa Mexicana, do they still serve the "cook to order" breakfast in the morning?

Did you notice any music/bass thumping at night>?

Last edited:
Seabather's eruption - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia maybe? I know the larvae are running in early December. Found them on the first trip.

Or my continuing favorite, Hydroids, the Photographer' Friend?

yep it definitely looks like the work of hydroid, it really didnt help to dive without a suit

If you went to Casa Mexicana, do they still serve the cook to order breakfast in the morning?

huh?? :p no thumping at night though

hey guys, i had a great time at cozumel and this board was a huge factor in that, i thank you all for your help and recommendations. Everything went well except for this rash i somehow got there, anybody else experienced anything similar?

Hydroids would be my guess as well.
Try some topical Benadryl. I'm allergic to hydroids so I don't leave home without a bottle of this:
BENADRYL® Anti-Itch Gel Extra Strength | Anti-Itch Medication
You can get it CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, wally world...
It effects everyone differently. It will go away. No worries. You might have a couple itchy days then it will subside.
I see a full suit or dive skin in your future.

My wife and I stayed at Casa Mexicana in August of this year. They have a buffet breakfast, but cook eggs, pancakes and waffles to order. No thumping music either.

If you went to Casa Mexicana, do they still serve the "cook to order" breakfast in the morning?

yep it definitely looks like the work of hydroid, it really didnt help to dive without a suit

Me too, suits are for sissies. Commando is the way to go.

Luckily, hydroid dont bother me as much as alot of people, but I have found a little solarcaine helps. I had it in the condo, so I spray a little on where my shorts were rubbing.

Back
Top Bottom