Last minute trip to Bermuda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubasteve1982

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, I just found out today that I'm going to Bermuda for 4 nights in mid November. I'm going to be staying at the Reefs Hotel and Club. I'm going along with 3 non diver family members. I have some questions and need some recommendations.

1. Who do dive with? ( from what I've read on the board it looks like I have a few good options. Do these shop accommodate solo divers? Near where I'm staying?)

2. Specific sites worth checking out?

3. Any cool things to do? Nature stuff? Hikes? Good photo ops?

4. Should I rent a scooter? I want some freedom on the island. I have driven scooters in Mexico (Cozumel), How does it compare?

5. Water temp mid November? I have a 3/2mm full. I'm guessing I need something a bit warmer?

Thanks for your help!!

I was living in Bermuda for over a year as a scuba instructor and here are some quick answers

Hello, I just found out today that I'm going to Bermuda for 4 nights in mid November. I'm going to be staying at the Reefs Hotel and Club. I'm going along with 3 non diver family members. I have some questions and need some recommendations.

1. Who do dive with? ( from what I've read on the board it looks like I have a few good options. Do these shop accommodate solo divers? Near where I'm staying?)

Since your on the west end I would recommend DIVE Bermuda. They are located at the Fairmont Southhampton. If you can make it to the east end I woud try Triangle Diving and the site Cathedral

2. Specific sites worth checking out?

The Hermes

3. Any cool things to do? Nature stuff? Hikes? Good photo ops?

Not alot when it comes to nature hikes. There is a Maritime Museum at the Royal Naval Dockyard and BUEI in Hamilton

4. Should I rent a scooter? I want some freedom on the island. I have driven scooters in Mexico (Cozumel), How does it compare?

Yes, but there is also a public bus that you can get a pass for.

5. Water temp mid November? I have a 3/2mm full. I'm guessing I need something a bit warmer?

I would recommend a 5mm. The water temps are in the low 70's

Thanks for your help!!

Living here now, it is already mid-november so i'm not sure if you have already been here.

1) dive bermuda or triangle divers (dive bermuda is close to the reefs)
2) hermes or south west breaker
3) sun rise on the east side and sun set on the west side provide for great photo ops
4) scooters are great, ride one everyday, just be careful people here drive erratic and there are lots of accidents
5) mid 70s, I dive in a 3mm, but just picked up a 5mm to use

at the moment you might not be able to get out on a boat, depends on the wind/swell and each day it changes. Call ahead and if one shop isn't going out the other might be (as they are on different sides of the island)

Back
Top Bottom