Last minute liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cubbiegirlem

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just had a major work commitment go away, and I am looking to take advantage by hopping on a last minute getaway. I'm going on my own, and I've heard sometimes liveaboards have good deals for last minute travelers if there is room on the boat. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to find potential deals? I'm not picky as to location... at this point I just want to take advantage of the unexpected work lull! (I have never been on a liveaboard before. I have just over 50 dives.)

Go to the trips forum here. Look back and you will find some good history and some regulars. Of the 3 I've done, all have been at a huge discount and 2 found here on SB. Most recently Komodo dancer through Aqua Marine Dive Bali.

Explorer has $500 off their NE Caribbean trips for the next two weeks. Departs on Sat. Either from St. Maarten or St. Kitts - they turn the boat at each destination. It's slightly weird traveling since you fly into one airport and out from the other. From Chicago you should be able to get there on American.

The best thing about that trip is you'll spend several days diving Saba - one of the best dive destinations in that area. Call them to confirm but they currently show the next two weeks as available. Typically when they have availability this close to sailing it means the boat is some percentage underbooked so you could even wind up with your own cabin.

Capture.JPG

Capture.jpg

That's going to make it $1395 plus $125/fuel and $115/park fees. Plus tip. One of the few Caribbean liveaboards where they have optional trips ashore as part of the itinerary.

Explorer Ventures: Adventures in Liveaboard Diving - NE Caribbean, Saba, St. Kitts, St. Maarten

If you call some of the boats that still have space available and let them know you are looking for a last minute deal, many will give you a discount.

Thanks all. I decided to take a spot on the Kona agressor. I chose that because I've always wanted to visit the Big Island topside, and I could go there on my United miles and get first class on the way back. Head out next Friday! :)

first class is gooood !

Manta Ray night dive is goooood as well!

I thought the only diving I'd get in this summer would be in Lake Michigan, so it's ALL GOOOOOOOD!!!!! :) (Nothing against Lake Michigan... But 78>48. And NO 7 MIL!!!)

Back
Top Bottom