Last-minute Cozumel or Playa Del Carmen trip recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, after gathering all the information, I decided to go with Blue XT Sea since Christi's operation was unanimously heralded as excellent. All the places I contacted were helpful and seemed great, so I'm sure I'd be in good hands any way I went. If I can get someone to come with me next time, I may try Blue Angel so I can take advantage of the unlimited shore diving. Since it is my first time in Cozumel and drift diving, I wanted to make sure I had a good experience and Christi seemed concerned with my dive interests and experience level. I think I'm going to do my AOW as well while I'm there since I'll be doing most of the dive choices anyway.

I'll be staying at the Bahia which I'm sure will be fine for just me. I'm not a huge partier, but I am a huge eater so I'll be spending most of my dry time sampling the local cuisine. The more I think about it, the better I feel about not taking the AI route.

Thanks for everyone's recommendations and tips!

Andrew

We leave for Coz in a couple of hours and will be there through the 4th. We are staying at Casa Mexicana and have some tenitave dives lines up. You are welcome to join us .

Also might be a great time to get your AOW and some diving in at the same time.

I love the Casa Mexicana. There's a big drugstore down the street heading north when you can buy the vanilla, vicodin and polo shirt. :)

Have Fun!

With vanilla, vicoden and a polo shirt, how could a guy not have fun?????

Wildcard:
We leave for Coz in a couple of hours and will be there through the 4th. We are staying at Casa Mexicana and have some tenitave dives lines up. You are welcome to join us .

Well, I'm done with work for the weekend and off to CZM in the morning. I can't wait for a break from the winter weather and some great diving. I appreciate the invite. I don't know my way around very well. having never been down there, but I'll see if maybe I can catch up with you this week. Hopefully I'll find my way from the airport in CUN over to the island without problem. Have a great week!

Andrew

Back
Top Bottom