Last Fully Functional Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken

He Who Glows in the Dark Waters (ADVISOR)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So, what revision was the last functional piece of software?

I've a new computer running under Vista and don't want to have to go through any of the headaches.

the K

I've a new computer running under Vista and don't want to have to go through any of the headaches.

the K

Kraken you posts are always so clear and understandable.

The computer must have really gotten to you :)

I have been running Vista since last November (first day Microsoft made it available to customer IT (Information Technology) personnel on MSDN).

Is there a particular piece of software that you are inquiring about?

All of my software runs fine under Vista. Very early on I encountered problems with the Aries/Oceanic dive computer logging software and a print driver for my HP Color printer but those have been fixed for quite some time.

If you give me some specifics I would be more than happy to help you.

P.S.

I have certainly been a big beneficiary of your ScubaBoard posts since I became a ScubaBoard member.

My apologies !!!

I was referring to the Ocean Log software.

I know there have been several releases and a few for Vista.

I was just wondering if any of the PDC/PC gurus on the board had determined which one/ones worked.

the K

My apologies !!!

I was referring to the Ocean Log software.

I know there have been several releases and a few for Vista.

I was just wondering if any of the PDC/PC gurus on the board had determined which one/ones worked.

the K

My understanding is that the most recent version of the OceanLog and Aeris software work fine with Windows Vista.

I am currently running the Aeris version of the same software under the 32-bit version of Windows Vista Business with no problems. If Windows Vista come installed on your new computer (as opposed to being installed by you) it will be the 32-bit version of Windows Vista.

You should have no problems running the software under the 32-bit version of Windows Vista. You will just have to make sure you download the full 2.20 version software found at the bottom of the linked page shown below.

Oceanic Worldwide - Owner Services - Software

That version of the software will work regardless o whether you have the Windows Vista User Account Control (UAC) turned off or not.

Some of the earlier versions did not work if UAC was turned off.

Let me know if you have any questions.

the K
I have been running Oceanlog 2.1.4 on a new Intel quad core machine with Windows VISTA Home premium and it has been running just fine. No problems at all. I'm running the 64-bit version of VISTA, so I cannot comment on the 32-bit version, but it should be okay.

Tboneia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom