Last Call For Rabbit Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So...I would say we drilled me trying to get back on the boat in a washing machine.

here is what I learned. If the props look like they are flying at you, and could knock you silly, you could be right. I elected to pass my camera up over the higher "side" to WC since it seemed safer..the boat wasn't flying laterally.

Then...I elected not to try and doff in the water, instead, I beached myself in the transom with my tank and a little help (ok, a lot from WC). If the boat gets in a trough, it can really be a rodeo. Makes one fantasize about inflatables.

ugh...I forgot to conect the hotfoot in my haste this morning. No strobe, kinda needed it too. At one point, it was a little creepy because the whales were so loud and the viz so bad, I felt we might "bump" into them.

I would love to bump into a few whales...:D

I want to see them first, though.

Can you imagine? Not seeing them until they were twenty feet? They were very loud, your chest sorta rattles.

And me with no spear gun.....

Did you see the pic of the whale near Kona with the line wraped around it and another one keeping the sharks away from it? It looks very sick. Poor thing. Hope they can get it loose.

no..that is sad. Fishing line? that dam stuff.

No, cargo net. Cant blame the fishermen this time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom