Suggestion "Last Activity" info in Profile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
C

CathyS

Reaction score
I was just looking at a member profile and I noticed it contained a piece of info that I hadn't seen before. It lists the last time the member was active on Scubaboard and also what they are doing, if that member is still online:

Last Activity: Today 01:58 PM
Private Messaging @ 01:58 PM

For another member, it listed the specific thread she was viewing at the time I looked at her profile.

Is this a new feature or have I just been overlooking it? I have to say that I really don't like it at all. Why is it anyone else's business to know if member A was private messaging at 1:58 PM or member B was reading a thread in the Regulator forum? Just feels like a bit of invasion of privacy to me.

It's been there since forever... Of course all you can see is that they are viewing a thread or making a PM, and not any more details then that. There is actually a feature that lets you sit there and watch where users go but we disabled that for obvious privacy reasons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom