Largo 3/26-4/1 suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDW-NC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
First time diving Largo area. Taking my girlfriend (recently AOW cert'd like me) and my high school sr. daughter and her best friend. Staying at Marriott and using Its A Dive for 5/2 trips pkg deal. Comments on the DS? Also, the girls may bubble watch, or just hang out while we dive...topside daytime suggestions/avoidances for them? The place you can swim with Dolphins, is it worth the money? Would love to know: must dive sites; best after-dive spots; good eats, etc. All info/suggestions from locals is greatly appreciated.

Marriot is beautiful, its a dive is allright there are better but easy acess when staying at marriot, theatre of the sea has dolphin swim and sea lion show that i hear is very good. Make sure you go to snooks on the bayside right next door to honda largo beautiful location and good food, down in islamorada lazy days restaurant is also great and it is right on the ocean. Snappers restaurant is also excellent and your kids can feed the resident tarpons.

Dive sites are numerous but the best would be Molasses, the elbow,pickles, snapper ledge and there are too many to name. If you like wrecks there are some world class ones here, Duane, spiegal, Bibb and the eagle just make sure your skills and the conditions are up to the task, these dives can be challenging as the record shows.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom