Larger DrySuit or OK?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v101

Contributor
Reaction score
I picked up a used DUI CLX 450 sig series, from a fellow diver, after he had to retire due to back issues. ANyway the suit is an XL.
I dove the suit ok, w/ out wearing my thick undergarments. I needed some assistance to get my arm into the suit, (rotator-cuff shoulder surgery) but once I am in the suit, It feels good, and dives good as well. I was told by other divers I dove w/ that everyones seems to need help getting into a front zip suit...

the other night at home, I put my thicker undergarments on, and attempted to get into the suit, and its feeling like I am running out of space.... I was able to get my one arm into the suit, and the suit over my head ok, and I am sure w/ some help I can get my other arm into the suit...

is this normal to have to "stuff" one-self into a suit, w/ a heavy undergarment? or should it be easier than this? wondering if I need to get a larger / custom suit? I plan on going to DUI days when the weather warms up, later this year, but wanted to get opinions for divers that dive w/ thick undergarments?

My suit was a custom tailored front zippered DUI CF200x. I have never been able to put it on that way. For me, it is always been both arms in, then duck/hunch and the head goes in.... YMMV...

I was told by other divers I dove w/ that everyones seems to need help getting into a front zip suit...

The point of having a front zipper drysuit is not needing help when putting it on. Don't think this is normal at all.

Maybe you could check with other divers having the same drysuit if they are having trouble too.

Have you got the ZIP-seal drygloves on it?
that makes donning a little harder, if yes try it without the gloves and get both arms in before pulling it over your head.
I do not have much spare space in my drysuit either (I thought trilam suits didn't shrink :wink: ) but I can don and doff it without help.

I have the 450 as well and yes i can get it on myself but it is a bit tight.

Put it on, then do a mobility check?

Curl up in to the fetal position. If the suit binds at all, it is too small.

Put it on, then do a mobility check?

Curl up in to the fetal position. If the suit binds at all, it is too small.

+1

I like to do the following: Put the drysuit and undergarments on and sit down on a stair, chair, stool or something similar. Bend forward and pretend like you're trying to put your booties or rock boots on. If you feel any tightness in your toes, butt, lower back or shoulders, the suit is too small.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom