Large Tanks w Nitrox in Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dytis-sm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I will be visiting Maui between 12/24 and 1/9/2013 and currently looking to rent on occassion or for that period a large steel tank (100cf - 120cf) capable of Nitrox. I have diving reservations but the people I am diving with have either 80cf steel tanks or 100cf aluminum with air... Any suggestions of where to rent larger tanks and whether to consider a long term rental for my entire stay.

George

I don't know if B&B has steels, but they do have Al100s, and they have Nitrox.

2nd the comment about B & B. I often (always?) request the 100s (given your dates, I'd call and reserve them!) and often have them filled with 32%. BTW, they will require a Nitrox card (but a TriMix card will not qualify!!!).

They did respond and they can take care of me. They actually say they can even get 120s...just what I like. I do not like aluminum particularly that large that is why I have been looking around. Lahaina Divers that I am going to do most dives has Al 100s but only with air... nitrox only on 80s. I am a big guy and like the extra air but also the weight of steel.

Nitrox card not an issue...paid my dues to get one. Not a big deal, PADI got to make some money.

fyi, plan on 45mins. drive to B&B from the Lahaina/Kaanapali area...

If you're staying in the Lahaina/Kaanapali area, driving back and forth to Kihei for tanks is really going to eat up a huge part of your vacation. You might want to think further about simply renting those AL100s from Lahaina Divers and diving air. Realistically there aren't any profiles that Lahaina Divers does that I can think of where you'll need nitrox. You'll likely be limited by their dive times more than your NDL.

The only time we get nitrox on Maui is on Ed Robinson's 3-tank charter since the 2nd tank is often to a site with a deep, square profile and the nitrox really makes a difference in the dive time. Even when we've done the all-day 4-tank charters with Lahaina Divers we've never felt the need for nitrox....and as expensive as it is on island, we don't use it unless we need it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom