Large Day Diving Boats from Concrete Piers in the South?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do recall a massive and beautiful vertical seemingly botttomless wall of fish

Probably Hin Daeng. Can get there on 2 or 3 night liveaboards from Phuket, day trips from Phi Phi, or most easily from Koh Lanta if you are not a liveaboard fan.

Thanks Batfish!

That rings a bell, as I used to spend a lot of time on Phi Phi back in those days of old.

I'm greatly looking forward to my next trip down there. Hopefully in a trip that exceeds the good experiences I have had in Pattaya diving the wrecks and outer islands wrapped in a great dive boat, delicious freshly cooked food, very good deals on multi-day diving, sucking down some delicious Nitrox.

Ok take a deep breath ...dont hold it.....breath......

Its a conversation about quality of dive boats and the pros of good piers.

Personally like yourself I find a taxi to a large pier and easy access to be the way forward. Less stressfull no acrobatics required to climb across several boats and a nice way to start a easygoing day.I often skip a dive for a longer SI and read a book but that is just me.Also those that know me understand I looove my food so thats also important after nitrogen induced munchies.

However not all dive sites offer this luxury. Bali Tulamben I had to walk down a beach fight through 1-2 mtr surf on large stones, gear getting bashed everywhere including my prized camera. Reward however more than outweighed the effort great diving.
Next day involved diving of a small canoe real pain but again awesome diving.

Same experience at surin islands , small rib from main boat (queen scuba) ripping current quite hard work to get back on board.Reward again exellent dive full speed drift diving, sharks whizzing past.

My point is sometimes diving can be awkward and often in more remote areas awkard is the only choice.

I make sure my fitness is up to it diving and the adventure to access the sites.

Be carefull you dont pass over some quality diving for the sake of boat comfort or ease of access.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom