Lanier WBP 8/27 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
Octotat, M7
Just thought I'd go ahead and start bugging you guys to be on the lookout for some good thermal protection, if you don't already have it, for this year's/next year's ??? Lake Lanier Looney Bird dive on January 1st.
the K
What type of protection? I won't be in a dry suit by then, but I do have a 6 mil FJ. It will probably be a pretty quick dive unless we have some very unusual weather :)

A 6 or 7mm FJ/J will work if you're not overly sensitive to cold. I've been diving a 6.5 FJ/J Harvey up there in 42 degree water and it keeps me plenty warm, and I'm a tad bit sensitive to the cold nowadays.

Needless to say, your thermal requirements will probably be different.

the K

The Kraken:
A 6 or 7mm FJ/J will work if you're not overly sensitive to cold. I've been diving a 6.5 FJ/J Harvey up there in 42 degree water and it keeps me plenty warm, and I'm a tad bit sensitive to the cold nowadays.

Needless to say, your thermal requirements will probably be different.

the K
I'll probably go ahead and wear my 3mil vest under the FJ/J then. I do chill easily, but not too bad on the first dive of a series. I'm sure there will be dives in the fall where I'll get to test it all out. I've got to figure out what it is going to take to sink all of that new neoprene...

My suggestion for cold water diving wet.. Neoprene Socks. You can get them cheap to wear under your boots, but they made a HUGE difference for me. My feet used to get cold badly. Now that I wear the neoprene socks under my boots my feet don't get cold.

Matt

i may not have my dry suit by the new years day dive but I'm a veteran of this dive and alot of cold water dives in neoprene. Wouldn't miss it for a Keys trip.

Jeremy

Jer, you're a bald faced liar . . . but I like your style !!! :D

Ditto on what Corrigan said.
My feet always USED TO GET COLD until I took heed of his advice.
Works like a charm.

I'm up for Lanier Saturday or Sunday. I wouldn't mind getting in two days of diving this weekend, as I just got my new Deep Sea Supply singles BP/W rigged and I'm sure it'll need a few test dives before I'm through monkeying with it.

Robert

I'll be in Atlanta on Friday night and should be able to make it out to dive on Saturday if anyone would like to join. Since it's a holiday weekend, I shouldn't need to worry about work coming up :D .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom