Lanier this weekend....9/30-10/2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetHoss

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone up to Lanier this weekend, Friday, Saturday or Sunday???

I was thinking of doing a few dives, probably West Bank. Early or late, I am flexible...:monkeydan

Have seen the logpile and platforms, would like to dive around the forest. See something interesting possibly... besides the usual silt and stumps..

Hose":jaws:

Have 7 mil. Will Travel..

cewarbin:
Anyone up to Lanier this weekend, Friday, Saturday or Sunday???

I was thinking of doing a few dives, probably West Bank. Early or late, I am flexible...:monkeydan

Have seen the logpile and platforms, would like to dive around the forest. See something interesting possibly... besides the usual silt and stumps..
I'm up for some diving Saturday morning. I'd have to leave by around 2 p.m. to get home to babysit though. Just let me know how many tanks to rent and I'll be there. I've only done 1 dive in Lanier at WBP and we stayed at 10-12 ft following the shore. I'm anxious to get my new 7mil wet.

Brian

Sounds like fun to me, let me know when ya'll want to go and I'll show up whenever. I am free anytime this weekend. I'm not sure how much we would see in the forest since it is cold. Fish like the warm water, so they are almost always above the thermocline and along shore. I am still down though for going down to the forrest and and having a good time putzing around at some depth.

Matt

Me too !!!

the K

The Forest starts around 60'. The corp of engineers were forced to clear the first 60' or so before they flooded the lake over, and so everything under there is basically the forest, and it goes real deep. I would make a suggestion to bring multiple cutting tools as the forest usually has plenty of monofilament line in it. I would also bring a light because things get dark down there.

Matt

. . . and cold!

the K

I don't have a primary yet, but did pick up a Princeton Tec Impact XL as a backup light already. Now if I could just find some braided nylon line to tie on the clips...
As for the cold, I guess I'll just need to wear all the neo that I can :)

m7scuba:
I don't have a primary yet, but did pick up a Princeton Tec Impact XL as a backup light already. Now if I could just find some braided nylon line to tie on the clips...
As for the cold, I guess I'll just need to wear all the neo that I can :)
I'll bring a bunch of cave line out for you this weekend so you can use it for your clips.

So when does everyone want to meet up? Early Saturday?

Matt

Back
Top Bottom